Options

Defense

wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited June 24, 2011 in Sports
In GLax, usually I'm trying to get action which includes one of the girls when they have the ball. However, that tends to leave me with too few shots of the defenders. Here are a couple where I was trying a little more to get girls, even when they didn't have the ball.

i-DKNZdzc-L.jpg

i-M4shBHj-L.jpg

i-DkQfGtn-L.jpg

i-hxGBtLd-L.jpg

i-kzmRXXB-L.jpg
Regards

Will

Comments

• Options
    mayo_win_teimayo_win_tei Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    Anytime you can get sports shots that have the athlete's eyes it is usually a good to a great shot. Nice hob on the focus - these are tack sharp.
  • Options
    David-StallardDavid-Stallard Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    Jee's these girls are brutal, terrific shots

.DAVID.
    http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/

Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    Nice work Will. I especially like the last one. This must be club??
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    I think that is a perfectly good strategy. The intensity in the defenders' eyes and body language is the story - #2 and #4 are particularly good in that respect. I do different sports, but I have come to the same conclusion. I now also concentrate on capturing the opponent forwards/attackers and I have been pleasantly surprised at how many keepers I get with the defender lunging in a desperate effort to intercept.
    Just as an aside - did you notice how many of the girls have their mouthguards out or partly out? I am finding this with some of my football (Australian Rules - not NFL) players. Must make their parents cringe!!!!
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback.

This is club. It is peak club season for the next two months--some hot/humid weekends ahead. I pretty much can have the sidelines to myself with a still camera as most parents are trying to take video of their girls to send to coaches. I've tried doing some video, but I really don't have the knack for it. It seems completely opposite to stills--keeping wide instead of tight to keep the whole action in perspective, etc. And you have to be so slow moving the camera or else your viewer gets seasick. Not sure I'll be any good when I finally can graduate to a modern DSLR with video capabilities.
    Jee's these girls are brutal...
    You're right, they are! What's funny is that between the games they are typical teenage girls. They flip the switch when the whistle blows.
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Must make their parents cringe!!!!
    Especially after all the money most of these girls have had spent on them for braces.
    Regards

Will