A Mothers anticipation.....

dvaughndvaughn Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
edited June 20, 2011 in People
A few day ago I was practicing masking in photo shop and made this image. I have ended up liking it and was just wondering what other photographers might think. Be gentle please. :rofl

katieMask-2-XL.jpg
Never dwell on the past or dread the future, live life in the present, it's better that way.

Comments

• FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    this image reminds me those creepy photo merges from 1990s.. sorry.. :\
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • dvaughndvaughn Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Foques wrote: »
    this image reminds me those creepy photo merges from 1990s.. sorry.. :\

Hey, don't be sorry. That's what I was wondering. What other people would think. Not sure what you mean about creepy photo merges but that's something to think about for me. Thanks for the comment.
    Never dwell on the past or dread the future, live life in the present, it's better that way.
  • Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    I kind of like the idea. I would be tempted to make mom in the background somewhat transparent and also think the idea would work better with the baby in the foreground after it was born.

just my 2 pesos worth.:D
  • dvaughndvaughn Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    Thanks Bryce
    I kind of like the idea. I would be tempted to make mom in the background somewhat transparent and also think the idea would work better with the baby in the foreground after it was born.

just my 2 pesos worth.:D

Thanks for the comment. There is a plan for a book with the new born images and these images. When I first made the background shot, it became one of my favorites and a decent candidate for a mother/son shot after the baby was born. Meanwhile, I was just practicing with photo shop and made this one. It's one of those images that the longer I look at it, the more I found myself liking it. Thanks.