Options

Linking a photo in a Forum

rickbradrickbrad Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited June 22, 2011 in Dgrin Forum Support
I want to post a photo in a forum but do not want the photo linked back to my smugmug page when clicked on.

Is there an easy way to do this? I tried the share tab and all the options but it appears (and even says) that the forum copy and paste will link back to smugmug.

I really did a search before posting this probably really simple question!!:dunno
Rick Bradshaw

Self Proclaimed Amateur

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2011
    rickbrad wrote: »
    I want to post a photo in a forum but do not want the photo linked back to my smugmug page when clicked on.

Is there an easy way to do this? I tried the share tab and all the options but it appears (and even says) that the forum copy and paste will link back to smugmug.

I really did a search before posting this probably really simple question!!ne_nau.gif
    Go to the photo in the gallery and in the browser address see the photo number_key after the # (pound sign). Put it in a link like this.

http://photos.smugmug.com/1328294353_gmJwBPv-L.jpg

Click the photo icon in the reply box toolbar and enter that url.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    rickbradrickbrad Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    I found through trial and error that if you place just the part between the tags then the photo is embedded without the link.  Problem solved.IMG4687-M.jpg
    Rick Bradshaw

Self Proclaimed Amateur
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    Check this tute out.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    The easy way is to copy the photo link (not the embed link), and then use the insertimage.gif button in a post and paste that link. I use this all the time. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!