Sort of frustrated with these...

littlebayzombielittlebayzombie Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited June 22, 2011 in People
At 100% they just seem... soft? Bad? Argh! How do they look to you at this size? Here's a <a href="http://winsometrails.smugmug.com/photos/i-xbW9mfm/0/X3/i-xbW9mfm-X3.jpg">link to a 100% crop</a>... I'm seeing some CA, but what else? What can I do to avoid the CA in the future? It's evident SOOC so I wouldn't think it would be my post work, but I guess it could be...

All four were taken at F/8, 1/100, ISO200, 55mm and 3.5m subject distance. :scratch

Did I fudge these?

pointyman-L.jpg

pointymananddaughter1-L.jpg

pointymananddaughter2-L.jpg

pointymananddaughter3-L.jpg
♥ Jenifer
I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building. - Charles M. Schulz

Comments

• Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    While I'm certainly an amateur, looking at the 100% crop just made me frown on your behalf :(
  • littlebayzombielittlebayzombie Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    Exactly. :( Dagnabbit.
    ♥ Jenifer
    I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building. - Charles M. Schulz
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    Don't look at 100% crops. If it looks ok to your eye it is ok.
    Shoot those shots at f4, your shutter speed was to slow. Raise your iso if needed to get more shutter speed.
  • littlebayzombielittlebayzombie Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    Thanks! :) I'll try that next time.
    ♥ Jenifer
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    It looks like nothing is actually in focus in that crop you showed, and it also looks like you have some artifacts around the edges from using the fill light slider in LR. I could be wrong about that though, and maybe it's just a crappy lens with weird abberations.

Doesn't look like camera shake to me... 1/100 should be fine at 55mm unless you have parkinson's disease or your subject is moving quickly.