Downtown

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited June 22, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Taken in downtown Fargo, ND.

i-9FXVjZX-XL.jpg

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    I like it. I was hoping for some more detail on the top part of the buildings but this is still very good for the atmosphere that it shows. A very nice image, Mary. Cheers. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    Where's the snow? I thought summer was over in Fargo
    by the middle of June.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    I've had an unexplained affinity for Fargo ever since the movie came out. Like Tony, I'm wondering where the snow is. But, hell, I didn't know it ever left.

I think it hit 100 degrees here today and there's so much smoke in the air ( from around 300 fires in Florida and south Georgia ) that they're advising folks to stay indoors.

BTW, very cool shot.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    I like it. I was hoping for some more detail on the top part of the buildings but this is still very good for the atmosphere that it shows. A very nice image, Mary. Cheers. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif

Hi ...

I was going to leave the tops of the building in, but I wanted to give the 'thought' that Fargo might have some skyscrapers rolleyes1.gif

No .. sky was crappy so I did this to it instead. Glad you liked it tho. Thanks for the nice comment :D
    edited June 21, 2011
    TonyCooper wrote: »
    Where's the snow? I thought summer was over in Fargo
    by the middle of June.

Hi Tony ...

You can't see the snow :D

At this time of year the word 'snow' is a naughty word rolleyes1.gif
    edited June 21, 2011
    I've had an unexplained affinity for Fargo ever since the movie came out. Like Tony, I'm wondering where the snow is. But, hell, I didn't know it ever left.

I think it hit 100 degrees here today and there's so much smoke in the air ( from around 300 fires in Florida and south Georgia ) that they're advising folks to stay indoors.

BTW, very cool shot.thumb.gif

Tom

Hi Tom ...

Only the opening scene was done in Fargo. The rest of the movie was filmed in MN :D Snow has left us and rain has arrived. Received almost 2 inches today with more coming in. Stay in and stay safe ... smoke from fires can be nasty stuff.

100° is hot .. we've been in the 80's tho :D Snow shouldn't arrive till after Oct.

Glad you liked the photo -- Thanks Tom :D
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    Hi Mary- it's a bit dark.. but i like dark :D
    Devin
    edited June 22, 2011
    00SS wrote: »
    Hi Mary- it's a bit dark.. but i like dark :D

Hi,

Yeah it is kinda dark isn't it :D Don't know why I went that way with it other then that's what I thought about it when editing it. Kinda lonely -- not me, but only one car on the road.

Glad you like dark too :D
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    Neatly seen & done Mary Kim. I do like the direction you went with it. Makes the piece very strong for what the work seems to speak to me. That very
    loneliness you mention and then some. Actually a lot of that then some when I stop to think about it. headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Michael
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    Howdy Mary,

Really love the look and feel this image gives off.

Reminds me of an old B&W Print.

Very nicely done.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 22, 2011
    Nice composition. The street-shooter in me misses something or someone of interest in the foreground, though. The way you shot/processed this makes it look like a small town, not a city, which is kind of cool. thumb.gif
    edited June 22, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Neatly seen & done Mary Kim. I do like the direction you went with it. Makes the piece very strong for what the work seems to speak to me. That very
    loneliness you mention and then some. Actually a lot of that then some when I stop to think about it. headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif

Howdy ...

I'm happy to hear you saw some of what I saw with this photo :D

Thank you for the nice comments.
    edited June 22, 2011
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Mary,

Really love the look and feel this image gives off.

Reminds me of an old B&W Print.

Very nicely done.

Hi Craig ...

Old BW print ... that's what I saw with it too :D

Thanks for the nice comments Craig.
    edited June 22, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Nice composition. The street-shooter in me misses something or someone of interest in the foreground, though. The way you shot/processed this makes it look like a small town, not a city, which is kind of cool. thumb.gif

Hi Richard ..

You would mention people rolleyes1.gif I was hoping for someone to walk down the sidewalk or cross the street, but no such luck. I was lucky enough to have a car drive down the street :D

Fargo isn't really big so it would take on a small town look or feel. I shot this looking down a side street and not the main street of downtown which was working against me for people or activity.

I'm glad you liked it. You've peaked my interest in trying this on a busier street.