Options

#79 Life in India

fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
edited June 24, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
I just got back from India and managed to get some time to snap a few pictures. I really only had time to street walk, but please feel free to give feedback.

Sorry about the x's. I did not do it right. Hopefully this will be better:

i-2hkX7LB-S.jpg

i-rXN2rKt-S.jpg

i-NNh99vt-S.jpg

i-pTQPcXz-S.jpg

i-jRBFRSZ-S.jpg

i-VVMxvzC-S.jpg

i-RzZHXLT-S.jpg

i-6qZnrRK-S.jpg

i-fD4R4cR-S.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    I see red Xs. Also, for commenting purposes, it would be good if you could number them. :D

I was able to look at your gallery. Some of the portrait ones have Date Modified different from Date Taken, so they will be disqualified. I have the same problem, so I have stuck with landscape for this challenge.

Of the ones in your gallery, I like the last the best. I am not very confident of my ability to pick great street photos. You might try posting these in the Street and PJ forum for comments, also.
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    See if you can find my job while you're over there and bring it back - okay?? eek7.gifD
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2011
    @What - thanks for looking. I fixed the x's. Is this the same 'last one' you mentioned?

@kono - DOH. Sorry, Nothing jumped out at me.
  • Options
    DirquistDirquist Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    I like #7 best.

Is that red dot on the lady's glasses a tail light? It sure does seem super bright. Looks like you had a nice trip!
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    #7 - the last one here was also last in your gallery. It is my favorite.
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    I like #2 the best and agree the the light from the car is very noticeable, but with no PP, your stuck with it :)

- Randy
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2011
    Yes, the light in her glasses is a tail light. I know it kind of jump out at you, but being SOOC, there it is.... The pic in #2 was taken at the location of #1 and you can see all of the traffic. As for #7, unfortunately, these Lotus flowers were behind a fence so i could not get very close and I only had a medium zoom with me. They are very nice flowers indeed. Personally, I like #2 the best, but that might be because I was there and the memory of being in India is quite profound.
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2011
    I am thinking of submitting this picture #9 above. It is the same as the #2 above but with a different background and no light reflection in her glasses.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    I like #9 - the lighter background seems to brighten her face also. Nice colors. I also like #6 for the comp, shapes & color.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/