Options

DSS79 - Spider Alert

WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
edited June 24, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
So I will post these separately from my other options. I know there are some folks who have a gut reaction to spiders.

These little buggers are so tiny and really hard to photograph without a macro lens. The mass of them was about 1.5 inches across. These were taken around 1 PM. By 5, all but 2 had scattered on the wind. They throw out a strand and let the breeze carry them off.

#1 Orb Weaver Babies
P1410447-L.jpg

#2 The Adventure Begins
P1410480-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    Not a big spider fan myself, but these are worth having/taking! cooL.
    tom wise
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    #1 is pretty cool, not a fan of spiders either, but how cool to capture this, I've never seen all the babies! And the way they fly off, it's just like in Charlottes Web! :D
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Also not a spider fan, but that is really cool. #1 is a nice shot - good lighting. Probably would be too creepy to me to see a macro of these guys!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Note to self - no spiders for the challenges. :D

These are the ones that make the beautiful round webs. I am hoping they catch lots of mosquitos and flies and leave the bees alone.
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Cool ... yuck ... cool ... yuck. Would be even cooler ... yuckier ... with the macro lens.