Options

DSS 79 - Other Choices - C&C Please

WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
edited June 25, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
The weather here has been gloomy for the most part, so I decided to go with it on Saturday.

#1 Rain Drops
P1410315-L.jpg

#2 Raindrop Magnifiers
P1410321-L.jpg

Then I was walking in my neighborhood and playing with my camera's scene modes.

#3 Feeling Froggy
P1410436-L.jpg

For the Solstice, we had our first really sunny and warm day. Everyone was at the park.

#4 Dock Reflections
P1410539-L.jpg

#5 No Lifeguard Needed
P1410547-L.jpg

This one brings back memories for me. My sister said, 'On 3' and then let go of my hand. I looked at her and said, 'Come on in the water's fine!' What was she going to do - just stand there?

#6 We'll Go Together
P1410561-L.jpg

#7 How was it?
P1410582-L.jpg

#8 Fetch
P1410603-L.jpg

#9 Fetch 2
P1410614-L.jpg

#10 A Day at the Beach
P1410629-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    These are great. I like the raindrop ones a bunch. Fetch is a close second, but have to admit, having the dog come to the camera would be a better perspective for me.
    tom wise
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2011
    Really nice set of SOOC shots...
    My favorites are #2 and 5
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,945 moderator
    edited June 23, 2011
    Lots of great options. I like 2, Fetch 2, and 5 - in that order.

Gretchen
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    #2 works for me, like the details and DOF.

- Randy
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....
  • Options
    rhommelrhommel Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    definitely #2 for me. sharpness and dof worked well with the photo
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    I like #2 first and #1 after
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    I like #2, #4 & #7. These appear to be in Washington which is where I grew up, spending summers in Gig Harbor on the water which was freezing BTW so I can relate to the water shots. I like the hands on the ladder in #7 and the girls looking down. In the others I'm always a sucker for reflections and raindrops (is there such a thing as a raindrop magnifier separate from camera?) and and I like the composition in the #4 shot. GP
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Love the color in #1 & the catch of the hanging water drops on the bottom of the branch, but I think #2 is my fav - nice focus, DOF & comp. #3 is cute but not striking. I like the way #5 is grounded with the dock in the corner, but prefer the subject/comp of #4. #6 & 7 are fun - I like the mystery of the hands on the ladder in #7 & the position of the girls. I like the position of the dog in Fetch 2 more than in Fetch 1. I like the comp of #10, but the bottle side seems a bit dark & the splash kinda hides the dog. Overall fav for me is #2.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    angevin1 wrote: »
    These are great. I like the raindrop ones a bunch. Fetch is a close second, but have to admit, having the dog come to the camera would be a better perspective for me.

Thanks, Tom! I may be able to try again with the dogs on Monday evening - predicted to be partly sunny. If not, maybe for another challenge.
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    ic4u wrote: »
    Really nice set of SOOC shots...
    My favorites are #2 and 5

Thanks, Karin!
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    Lots of great options. I like 2, Fetch 2, and 5 - in that order.

Gretchen

Thanks, Gretchen!
    rbustraen wrote: »
    #2 works for me, like the details and DOF.

- Randy

Thanks, Randy!
    rhommel wrote: »
    definitely #2 for me. sharpness and dof worked well with the photo

Thanks, rhommel!
    I like #2 first and #1 after

Thanks, Tatiana!
  • Options
    fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    I like the comp of 1 and 2. It screams wet, wet, wet, but I like the idea of 10.
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    GretaPics wrote: »
    I like #2, #4 & #7. These appear to be in Washington which is where I grew up, spending summers in Gig Harbor on the water which was freezing BTW so I can relate to the water shots. I like the hands on the ladder in #7 and the girls looking down. In the others I'm always a sucker for reflections and raindrops (is there such a thing as a raindrop magnifier separate from camera?) and and I like the composition in the #4 shot. GP

Yes, Washington State! A beautiful place to live and delightfully cool.

The Raindrop Magnifier was due to me noticing that the raindrops seemed to magnify the veins in the leaf.

I really wish I could brighten up #4 and #5. The light was a bit changeable and I think these are a bit dark.
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    lkbart wrote: »
    Love the color in #1 & the catch of the hanging water drops on the bottom of the branch, but I think #2 is my fav - nice focus, DOF & comp. #3 is cute but not striking. I like the way #5 is grounded with the dock in the corner, but prefer the subject/comp of #4. #6 & 7 are fun - I like the mystery of the hands on the ladder in #7 & the position of the girls. I like the position of the dog in Fetch 2 more than in Fetch 1. I like the comp of #10, but the bottle side seems a bit dark & the splash kinda hides the dog. Overall fav for me is #2.

Thanks Lillian, for the detailed feedback! I may try some more drops shots. The weather is supposed to be a bit wet through Saturday.

On #10, I think I exposed the sky well, but lost a bit with the bottle when I did. If I get another chance before Monday, I will see what I can do.
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    fjcvisual wrote: »
    I like the comp of 1 and 2. It screams wet, wet, wet, but I like the idea of 10.

Thanks, fjcvisual! It was a drizzly day and pretty dark. What to do - shoot what you see. :D

Thanks for the input on #10. I didn't quite nail it. I have no dog and don't drink beer, but maybe I can talk somebody into letting me borrow both. mwink.gif
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    I like #1 & #2 the best of these. #1 would be a super cool shot with a macro lens close up to see the background in focus in the drops.
  • Options
    MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    # 1 and 2 catch my eyes. I like # 1, but it's a little blur. So if I wanted to choose, I would go with 2.
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    Add another fan of #2 and #8
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug