Options

their check bounced...

SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited June 24, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
So I have a photo shoot to do on Sunday and the check that they gave me for the sitting fee has bounced. Non sufficient funds.

What is the best way to approach the client about this before the shoot?

This is a first for me.:dunno

Comments

• Options
    idiotabroadidiotabroad Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    Email then ASAP. Approach the same way you do business, straight forward and fair.
    Mark

If you don't agree with me then your wrong.
    I can't be held accountable for what I say, I'm bipolar.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 23, 2011
    Dear Client:

I have been informed by (my bank) your check has been returned for non-sufficient funds.

Please be advised that in addition to the missing funds you will responsible for a $X returned check fee as stipulated in state law. (verify)

In lieu of canceling our photo session scheduled for Sunday, (date), payment in full in cash or money order the morning of the shoot, will be acceptable. Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to an enjoyable session.

• Options
    justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    check bounced
    Angelo wrote: »
    Dear Client:

I have been informed by (my bank) your check has been returned for non-sufficient funds.

Please be advised that in addition to the missing funds you will responsible for a $X returned check fee as stipulated in state law. (verify)

In lieu of canceling our photo session scheduled for Sunday, (date), payment in full in cash or money order the morning of the shoot, will be acceptable. Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to an enjoyable session.

Perfect answer, Angelo!
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • Options
    SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    15524779-Ti.gif
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.