Options

Keyword, CS2 & smugmugs bulk keyword???

CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited October 9, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi everyone. Smugmug help suggested I post my question here. Although I add keywords in CS2 & they are there after uploading... I’m finding I have to spend a lot of time customizing them in smugmugs bulk edit tools.

For example in CS2 keyword file info I may put in tigers, football, mark twain, 61 zach, utterback, football, 20051008
CS2 automatically separates them with comma's rather than "".
After uploading I have to go in and put "" around anything that should be one keyword such as "61 zach" "mark twain" "20051008"
Is there a simpler way to get the keywords right from the get go in CS2 so that after uploading they'll work & display properly so I don't have to spend so much time re-keywording them?
If I add the "" around the words in CS2's keywording will they remain together properly in smugmug? If so does this create any negative effects in other software I might need to be aware of before I start adding "" in all my CS2 keywords.

How does everyone else get around this quickly, successfully & painlesslessly? :-)

Thanks,
Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!

Comments

• Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    I'd sure like to know how others deal with this... Anyone???
    Cindy wrote:
    Hi everyone. Smugmug help suggested I post my question here. Although I add keywords in CS2 & they are there after uploading... I’m finding I have to spend a lot of time customizing them in smugmugs bulk edit tools.

For example in CS2 keyword file info I may put in tigers, football, mark twain, 61 zach, utterback, football, 20051008
    CS2 automatically separates them with comma's rather than "".
    After uploading I have to go in and put "" around anything that should be one keyword such as "61 zach" "mark twain" "20051008"
    Is there a simpler way to get the keywords right from the get go in CS2 so that after uploading they'll work & display properly so I don't have to spend so much time re-keywording them?
    If I add the "" around the words in CS2's keywording will they remain together properly in smugmug? If so does this create any negative effects in other software I might need to be aware of before I start adding "" in all my CS2 keywords.

How does everyone else get around this quickly, successfully & painlesslessly? :-)

Thanks,
  • Options
    pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2005
    Cindy wrote:
    I'd sure like to know how others deal with this... Anyone???
    Check out this thread for a detailed explanation of the problem

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=14081

Until smugmug makes a change, you'll have to put quotes around your multi-word keywords. I don't like it either.
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2005
    Thanks for the link. I'd searched threads but hadn't found this. Will move my conversation there.
    Cindy
    pat.kane wrote:
    Check out this thread for a detailed explanation of the problem

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=14081

Until smugmug makes a change, you'll have to put quotes around your multi-word keywords. I don't like it either.