Options

U6 Soccer, week 3

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited June 24, 2011 in Sports
Pictures from my sons Tuesday night soccer game are online now.

This is his third game, and the first one where team Italy did not win. This ended in a 3-3 tie, but only because our coach got annoyed with biased reffing and a blatant disregard for some of the rules. So she started to follow suit. At least our team stayed friendly.
Condition for this game were a little cloudy, so the sun was not as bright. I opened up the lens to f/3.2 and had better shutter speeds.
I do think I have a small focus problem with my lens though. Seems many of the shots are a touch back focused. So I guess it is time to play with the auto focus micro-adjustment on my 50D.

Well as always I am starting off with a picture of my big one.

1. Here he is still getting into the game. Getting a little physical with the meanest most physical player on the field. I asked him what he was doing in the picture. he responded by telling me was not just kicking her :)
U6-Team-Italy-June-21-2011-8-XL.jpg

2. Our goalie running down a ball.
U6-Team-Italy-June-21-2011-21-XL.jpg

3. Working hard on getting decent shots of everyone on the team. It's hard though when this little girl only stays on the field for a couple minutes and rarely gets close to the ball. I am happy I got a running shot of her now though.
U6-Team-Italy-June-21-2011-36-XL.jpg

4. Getting better intense action shots.
U6-Team-Italy-June-21-2011-42-XL.jpg

5. Another picture of why I love soccer at this age. Even though this little boy gets really upset when he allows a goal, he still shows he is a little boy and and has the appropriate attention span.
U6-Team-Italy-June-21-2011-14-XL.jpg

C&C welcome as always.

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    These are great! Tackling a girl from behind though . . . I dunno. No ball anywhere in sight. I think he must be in love.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    These are great! Tackling a girl from behind though . . . I dunno. No ball anywhere in sight. I think he must be in love.

:)

I am serious that she was the meanest most physical player on the field. After their first goal on us that little girl rushed the net and tackled our goalie as he was retrieving the ball. That was just the beginning of it.

BTW he did kick the ball away from her, it is well out of frame to the left.

Thank you for the kind comments as well.
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Really nice captures
    Even without the ball, #1 shows implied action/movement with the girl in the air
    You have capture the total concentration of the player in #2
    Players like #3 do present a challenge when trying to include everyone. Might I suggest to increase the "action" that you capture her with both feet off the ground ... or with exaggerated body lean as she changes direction? You probably already have some of her like that!
    Really like #4 - the ball is almost coming at the viewer.
    Love the story in #5 - you don't need to see his face to appreciate that his world at that moment is not the game! I think the wider perspective and composition adds to that feeling of detachment.
    From my point of view (and that is simply opinion not fact) I would probably prefer a slightly looser crop for #1 - #4. To me you have really zeroed in on the action but each gives me a feeling of "tightness" and claustrophobia (in #1 I just think it is only the right hand side that is uncomfortably close). But hey, plenty of people never think the same way I do!!!! Thanks for posting - I have enjoyed your images.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com