Options

What do you do

brienicolebrienicole Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited June 24, 2011 in Weddings
When your client tells you they dont like the way the prints print? They are too grainy? Some yep, were grainy. we shot in the snow and I cant help that. But what do I do? Do I refund? I fixed the luminence (sp) a bit but still grainy. Not all the photos either. Just some
~ Brie: Mommy, Graphic artist and photographer

Creativity is all about making mistakes, Design is knowing which ones to keep.

www.croluasphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,860 moderator
    edited June 24, 2011
    May we see some full resolution examples, or at least some 100% crops?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    What does snow have to do with grain?
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    Im guessing the snow ones are the ones shes talking about., the camera was focusing on the snow not the couple so they are not super sharp. Low ISO on those so Im not sure, Im waiting to hear back as to which ones they were. If you go to my portfolio in weddings they are in my wedding gallery. The couple on page one. The ones I took in the bathroom of her getting ready were at 1600 because of lighting too.

• Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Out of focus is a completely different problem than grain. I would never ever ever deliver an out of focus shot. It may look okay as a web rez, but when they order a print you will get burned.

Grain is grain, if it's there make it look organic. I guess it's hard to really know what's going on until you clarify with the client what her complaints are.
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    Out of focus is a completely different problem than grain. I would never ever ever deliver an out of focus shot. It may look okay as a web rez, but when they order a print you will get burned.

Grain is grain, if it's there make it look organic. I guess it's hard to really know what's going on until you clarify with the client what her complaints are.

Yes, Ill have to wait and hear from her. I knew the snow ones were oof and told her that, even showd her that. She wanted them anyways ;(

• Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    Oh and you guys have been such a great help. Im still learning ( thats why Im cheap..haha)

• Options
    edited June 24, 2011
    Brilliant idea. The bride happens to be expecting so I can offer to do her maternity or newborn shots free of charge! Wow, I feel like I can sleep tonight now thank you!

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    I don't see any snow images in your wedding gallery? I also don't see any noise in the images?

What I do see is some white balance, (skin tones too red / magenta), way to many tilted images, some with exposure issues. Also some nice images.

One thing to try for is consistency. Consistent style, color, exposure, etc.

Only show the client images you think represent you and your work. Don't show them out of focus images or grandma drooling.

Sam