Stormy Sunset at Sunset Cliffs

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited July 1, 2011 in Landscapes
I've had a lot of distractions from photography lately including a complete redesign of my site. It's not quite done yet, but I discovered this image hidden away on a hard drive while I was looking for other graphics.

C&C always welcome! :thumb

i-8XwDF9g-XL.jpg
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    I like it Chris thumb.gif
    Nice use of long exposure and a nice, soft sunset. Is there any detail to be had in the reflecting pool to bring out the pinks reflected from the sky above? I'm on a crappy monitor at work so forgive me if they are there and I just can't see them.
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    eoren1 wrote: »
    I like it Chris thumb.gif
    Nice use of long exposure and a nice, soft sunset. Is there any detail to be had in the reflecting pool to bring out the pinks reflected from the sky above? I'm on a crappy monitor at work so forgive me if they are there and I just can't see them.

Thank you, Eyal!
    There's a tiny little hint of a reflection in the pool right now. I did my best to emphasize it a little more with some exposure blending, but couldn't get anything that didn't scream "Faked!" so I left it subtle.
    Glad you found this treasure!

Thanks, Mike!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • wizardrywizardry Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    Nice shot Chris!
    edited June 26, 2011
    wizardry wrote: »
    Nice shot Chris!

Thank you, Wiz!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • ScottWScottW Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    Great shot, I like the soft water look!
    edited June 26, 2011
    ScottW wrote: »
    Great shot, I like the soft water look!

Thank you, Scott!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    Subtle beauty, Chris--lovely soft colors and great choice of exposure. I'm glad you dug this one up! Can't wait to check out your new site--you know I've always been a fan of your site designs in the past.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited June 27, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Subtle beauty, Chris--lovely soft colors and great choice of exposure. I'm glad you dug this one up! Can't wait to check out your new site--you know I've always been a fan of your site designs in the past.

Lauren

Thank you, Lauren!

The new design is active, with more content planned, but feel free to give it the once over. I would love to hear what you think of it!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    Chris, I will peruse it and send you a PM with any comments. I am also following you on Twitter so I can keep up with your work and site.

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • johnbrinerjohnbriner Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2011
    Very powerful shot! I just cherished it so much! You really have the potentials, my friend! Keep it up! You can be a professional photographer 'coz this shot is definitely outstanding! Thank you for posting!
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    I do like this shot! Do you have a comp that's shifted up 1/3 so that the pool is in the bottom 1/3 and the sky is the top 2/3?

I always like going through old photos and finding ones that I was too stupid to notice the first time for whatever reason :)
    edited July 1, 2011
    johnbriner wrote: »
    Very powerful shot! I just cherished it so much! You really have the potentials, my friend! Keep it up! You can be a professional photographer 'coz this shot is definitely outstanding! Thank you for posting!

Thank for the compliments, John! :D
    coscorrosa wrote: »
    I do like this shot! Do you have a comp that's shifted up 1/3 so that the pool is in the bottom 1/3 and the sky is the top 2/3?

I always like going through old photos and finding ones that I was too stupid to notice the first time for whatever reason :)

Thanks, Ron!
    I'm really not sure if I have other comps of this particular image. This one was in my "working" folder, separated from the others of the day so I'll have to go on a hunt to see about other comps. I'd like to say "I'll look this weekend" but I think by now you know my processing habits too well to believe that! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Mathieu05Mathieu05 Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    This is really nice. great find.
    Chris Odchigue | Photography

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.”