Red Tractor

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
edited June 26, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
HDR of a favorite tractor. Made circa 1910.
No PS, PB, A/C and etc.

hdr_3375a.jpg
It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Very interesting subject and a nice shot.thumb.gif I can see where a couple of more shots playing up to a different angle and perspective might have been even better. For instance, those rear wheels are quite unusual and a different view of them would have emphasized their uniqueness even more.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Thanks for looking, Tom.

You mean like this? I have several frames of this tractor. Some better than others.

IMG_3815.jpg
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    Terrific.thumb.gif That's just what I mean. This shot highlights the real character of that wheel. It looks like that tractor could even be a nice rust subject.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    Back then it must of been really hard running that machine through a field. The tires looks like they would bog down quickly. Neat looking machine. Looks like it's been kept up nicely.

I like the name of it .. Cruzier. Bet it wasn't very fast tho :D
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    I'm glad you have all enjoyed the tractor.

I have always loved this tractor and tried to run down who manufactured this tractor, when and where. I spoke to the owner of the tractor and he changed the direction of my inquiry.

Crozier was not a tractor manufacturer, but a Nebraska state legislator who instituted tractor tests circa 1920 after a lot of snake oil salesmen sold tractors that didn't do what was advertised. Tractors that passed the Croizier test had the label. The Corziers performed as advertised. If you are interested, the man's name was Wilmot Croizier and a google search is instructive.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    willard3 wrote: »
    I'm glad you have all enjoyed the tractor.

I have always loved this tractor and tried to run down who manufactured this tractor, when and where. I spoke to the owner of the tractor and he changed the direction of my inquiry.

Crozier was not a tractor manufacturer, but a Nebraska state legislator who instituted tractor tests circa 1920 after a lot of snake oil salesmen sold tractors that didn't do what was advertised. Tractors that passed the Croizier test had the label. The Corziers performed as advertised. If you are interested, the man's name was Wilmot Croizier and a google search is instructive.

Oh my .. I read the name of the tractor all wrong :D