Options

Looking for St Petersburg Photographer

cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
edited June 27, 2011 in Weddings
A co-worker of mine will be getting married this November 4 (Friday) at the Tradewinds Resort in St. Petersburg, FL. She is planning this wedding remotely as she lives in Rhode Island. The resort has a recommended photographer in the area on its website but her future husband is into photography and would like to look at other photographers also.

While I post in sports & landscape, I always check out the Wedding threads here because I really admire a lot of the work that is posted in this forum. I told her I would ask around dGrin. If you would like, please send me a link to your site or contact info and I will have her check it out. Her budget is between $1000-2000. Thanks for the help!

Stephanie

Comments

• Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    A co-worker of mine will be getting married this November 4 (Friday) at the Tradewinds Resort in St. Petersburg, FL. She is planning this wedding remotely as she lives in Rhode Island. The resort has a recommended photographer in the area on its website but her future husband is into photography and would like to look at other photographers also.

While I post in sports & landscape, I always check out the Wedding threads here because I really admire a lot of the work that is posted in this forum. I told her I would ask around dGrin. If you would like, please send me a link to your site or contact info and I will have her check it out. Her budget is between $1000-2000. Thanks for the help!

Stephanie

Hey Stephanie!

I am actually based in Milwaukee but I am in FL every 3 months and will be there in early November. I start at the top of her range, but I wouldn't charge travel fees to shoot in ST. Pete, so that should help some.

Matt
    www.LightCraft-Photography.com
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2011
    We're in Sarasota and have actually shot at Tradewinds in St. Pete before...

http://www.jasonscottphotoblog.com/2010/10/st-pete-beach-wedding-jim-and-jess.html
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    Thanks Matt & Jason! I passed your websites along to my co-worker and her fiance and I believe they will be making some calls this week.

Stephanie
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I live in the area. Can you tell me who Tradewinds recommends as their photographer?
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    Mitchell wrote: »
    I live in the area. Can you tell me who Tradewinds recommends as their photographer?

My co-worker only mentioned one photographer but when I went on the Tradewinds resort site I found the following listed:

Stephen Rudd (this was the one she mentioned)
    Stephanie Smith
    The GalleryStudios
    Victor's Photojournalism
    Brazil Photography Hair & Makeup (couldn't access their website at work)

Stephanie