Good Morning, America (From Acadia Natl Park)

DcMoody23DcMoody23 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited June 26, 2011 in Landscapes
So I didn't exactly capitalize on the photo opportunity of a lifetime, but I thought I would still share this neat photo of the sunrise from Cadillac Mountain of Acadia National Park, in Maine. This is supposedly the first place that the sunrise can be seen in all of the United States.

Anyways, enjoy!

Acadiasunrise001-M.jpg

Comments

• WiscoFrankWiscoFrank Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    Nice shot and looks like a nice morning.
  • WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    That's a beautiful shot. I love sunrise and sunset pics, but it's so difficult to find just the right position, with just the right amount of cloud cover to light stuff up in those reds and oranges. And when I do find the right conditions, they typically last nommore than 5 minutes, which is usually not enough time for me to get my to my camera.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • DcMoody23DcMoody23 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    Well thanks!
    I wouldn't exactly consider myself a landscape photographer, but after this weekend, I can't wait to get back out there and experience another sunrise. I feel like I'll be a little more ready for the absolute madness that it is (who would have known!?)
    I looked like a fool, racing all over the mountain trying to find the right spot!

Anyways, thanks for the comments, and I forgot to add that C&C is DEFINITELY welcomed. I, by no means, consider myself a pro landscaper (or photographer at all for that matter) and really welcome advice from the great folks here at D-Grin.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    Not a landscape photographer? Coulda fooled me! Beautiful sunrise, perfect weather and vantage point. thumb.gif