Options

Custom photo soccer ball

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited June 25, 2011 in Sports
My son had his team picture today and one of the items they had available to purchase is a soccer ball with a photo of the player on it.
One of the parents asked if that is something I could do with my pictures. I readily said yes but would have to look into pricing for such an item.

So I made a quick look and I am seeing mini soccer balls (5") around the $20 dollar range and close to $40 for a full size ball.

I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with creating photo soccer balls. It seems like the company doing the T&I pictures for the club is charging $25 for a mini ball and the quality was simply aweful. Still the novelty was enough to get peoples interest.

So are there any places to get a ball with a quality image printed on it?

Comments

• Options
    GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    Toshido wrote: »
    My son had his team picture today and one of the items they had available to purchase is a soccer ball with a photo of the player on it.
    One of the parents asked if that is something I could do with my pictures. I readily said yes but would have to look into pricing for such an item.

So I made a quick look and I am seeing mini soccer balls (5") around the $20 dollar range and close to $40 for a full size ball.

I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with creating photo soccer balls. It seems like the company doing the T&I pictures for the club is charging $25 for a mini ball and the quality was simply aweful. Still the novelty was enough to get peoples interest.

So are there any places to get a ball with a quality image printed on it?
    I've not done this but, if my cost was $20 I'd be charging a LOT more than $25. YMMV
  • Options
    ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    GadgetRick wrote: »
    I've not done this but, if my cost was $20 I'd be charging a LOT more than $25. YMMV

The company that was doing the T&I is a huge sports photo company so they would be either doing it themselves or getting a huge bulk discount. Plus the quality was HORRIBLE!