Options

some possibilities

5Dme5Dme Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited June 27, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here we go.... your feedback is greatly appreciated....

i-bCs4nf8-M.jpg

i-TmqXbfN-M.jpg

i-SXBXR5q-M.jpg

i-JNmtRBS-M.jpg

i-6sxqHRN-M.jpg

i-pQq67Mg-M.jpg

i-R2H3H5K-M.jpg

i-mPN2cg3-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited June 25, 2011
    Either these are so good no one knows what to say or so bad no one wants to hurt my feelings.

Good bad or indifferent I can handle the feed back so please comment.
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    I'm digging #3, followed by #2. I like #1 & #4 alot, but for this challenge I think #3 works best.

Nice job on all the shots.

Don't feel bad about the lack of comments. I think people are just too busy and don't take the time to post anything. It can be discouraging, but don't let it get you down. (My posts never get much feedback either.)

Sherry
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011

1st: post bigger! You don't do yourself any favors with smaller pics. Try to post with longest side 1024 pixels-- that's what they'll look like in the gallery.

2nd: be patient! Sometimes you get responses right away, sometimes it takes a while.

3rd: FWIW, I like #7 best with the reflections.
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2011
    slpollett wrote: »
    I'm digging #3, followed by #2. I like #1 & #4 alot, but for this challenge I think #3 works best.

Nice job on all the shots.

Don't feel bad about the lack of comments. I think people are just too busy and don't take the time to post anything. It can be discouraging, but don't let it get you down. (My posts never get much feedback either.)

Sherry

Hi Sherry

Thanks you very much for your feedback. I'm just getting started and all comments are very helpful.
  • Options
    edited June 25, 2011
    MarkR wrote: »

1st: post bigger! You don't do yourself any favors with smaller pics. Try to post with longest side 1024 pixels-- that's what they'll look like in the gallery.

2nd: be patient! Sometimes you get responses right away, sometimes it takes a while.

3rd: FWIW, I like #7 best with the reflections.

Thanks, thats great feedback about the size. I will make sure I post larger in the future. I appreciate all your comments.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    5Dme wrote: »
    Here we go.... your feedback is greatly appreciated....

i-bCs4nf8-L.jpg
    OK, I give up. What am I looking at? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2011
    OK, I give up. What am I looking at? ne_nau.gif
    It is a hollowed out ceder trunk on the west coast of Vancouver Island.That is a springboard notch that show right through. I think someone climbed up and stuffed the rock in it.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    It is a hollowed out ceder trunk on the west coast of Vancouver Island.
    I can see it now! What a way to treat a tree!

But 'ceder'? Is it what I know as 'cedar'?
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2011
    I can see it now! What a way to treat a tree!

But 'ceder'? Is it what I know as 'cedar'?

This tree was about 10' in diameter and had been logged a long time ago.
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    I like #1 mostly because I have to look at it for a while to figure out both what it is and what the scale is. Also like #5.
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2011
    dlscott56 wrote: »
    I like #1 mostly because I have to look at it for a while to figure out both what it is and what the scale is. Also like #5.

Thanks Dave,

1. has been very deceiving, it caught mu eye on a walk the other day and I had to shoot it.

5. I found it difficult to balance the light between the reflection and the water and to get the ceder ceiling with out blowing out the sky. It's one of my favorites.
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    5. I found it difficult to balance the light between the reflection and the water and to get the ceder ceiling with out blowing out the sky. It's one of my favorites.

Yep, looks tough exposure wise. Came out nice though. It would probably be a great candidate for an HDR project, just for fun.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    I'm liking #5. It's a central composition that works. The exposure looks great and I love the texture and curve of the ceiling.
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    #3 or #5
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited June 26, 2011
    Yes, some of us are too busy to post our entries or comment, but I do try to comment when I take a break - especially when time is running out for a challenge.

I really like #5 and think it would be a very strong entry. I would put #3 in 2nd place except for the horizon being off-kilter.

I also like #4, but 5 most of all.

Gretchen
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    #5 and #7 in that order for me.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    5 It is
    I would like to thank everyone that took the time and commented. By the looks of this I think I will be going with 5, which was my favorite right from ther start.