Expecting our first

NUTTNUTT Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited June 28, 2011 in People
My wife & I are expecting our first child in a few days. Over the last few weeks I've taken some pictures around the house and in the backyard.

I'm not a pro but I'd like continue to learn. Post processing is being done in LR3. C&C is appreciated.

I've got a couple of concerns. First, the skin tone looks a bit flat. Second, I'm not sure but on certain monitors they look a touch underexposed underexposed. I really need to order some prints and see how they look.

20110624-DSC0624-XL.jpg

20110624-DSC0569-XL.jpg

20110624-DSC0632-XL.jpg

20110624-DSC0630-XL.jpg

20110614-DSC0513-XL.jpg

20110624-DSC0577-XL.jpg

Comments

• M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    Of the set, I keep coming back to #3 as my choice. I think the neighborhood background does detract a bit from the shot and I'm guessing early evening with cloud cover. Possibly a flash would have brought out some of the colors to be more accurate and liven it up a bit.
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2011
    Exposure looks good on my screen, they could use a little POP. Maybe some sharpening or contrast. My FAVORITE thing to do on all my images is from Nik Color Pro, but can be done by hand......this is not the same as a vignette but I lighten the area of the faces and or bodies too, just a bit (in one big circle, not one for each person) and slightly darken the rest of the image. #2 would be a great image to try that on.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • NUTTNUTT Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 28, 2011
    On my screen at work (with great natural light in my office) the exposure actually looks a LOT better than at home. My home office is a bit darker and I typically do my photo editing in the evening; I bet that plays a part in my thinking they are underexposed.

I'll work with #2 & #3 on contrast, sharpening & maybe try the spotlight exposure (for lack of a better term) that VayCayMom suggested.

Thanks.