Options

DSS#79...Final choices, please help me decide

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited June 27, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Got another chance to get out and shoot today, came out with a couple that I felt may be worthy. So based on feedback from my prior two posts, along with some new ones from today, I am asking for your opinions on which one is best SOOC.........
Thanks!

1. current entry...Infectious Smile
i-MTnHG4g-M.jpg

2. Cat Nap
i-pD7fVvT-M.jpg

3. New from today, no title yet
i-H8Qg9bH-M.jpg

4. Also new from today, with no title yet
i-83r3vVp-M.jpg
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2011
    Hmmm, tough choices. Still like #1 but #3 has a pretty cool look. I'm probably not being very helpful but the first 3 are my favorites of the 4.
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2011
    Thanks Dave, I guess that's a good thing:D
    I know there's not much of a story in #4, but I just kinda liked the way it turned out, wasn't expecting it to be a favorite!
    #3 was fun to catch....I have been watching this bird for the past two weeks come and go from the bird house my son made when he was in 5th grade(he's off to college in 2 months). Anyway, this bird is feeding her babies, and I am anxiously awaiting to see if I can capture their first flights, here's hoping!
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited June 26, 2011
    I like 1, 2 and 3 - in that order. Hope that's helpful input for you!
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I really like the wood grain in #2, but there is not enough contrast between the cat and the bench and it seems like the strongest focus is on the bench behind him. His nose and whiskers look a little soft. I really like the utter relaxation expressed in his position.

I like #3, but I wish the brightest part of the BG were behind him, so he would stand out more. I like the composition and B&W really works well.

I like the lines in #4 and I am a sucker for wood grain, but parts of it are a bit blown and that detracts for me.

In #1, it looks like her eyes are a little soft. Great expression!

I think overall, I like #3 best. But #1 and #2 are close.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    I like 1, 2 and 3 - in that order. Hope that's helpful input for you!

Thanksthumb.gif
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    I really like the wood grain in #2, but there is not enough contrast between the cat and the bench and it seems like the strongest focus is on the bench behind him. His nose and whiskers look a little soft. I really like the utter relaxation expressed in his position.

I like #3, but I wish the brightest part of the BG were behind him, so he would stand out more. I like the composition and B&W really works well.

I like the lines in #4 and I am a sucker for wood grain, but parts of it are a bit blown and that detracts for me.

In #1, it looks like her eyes are a little soft. Great expression!

I think overall, I like #3 best. But #1 and #2 are close.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these, all very good points, now what to do???!!
    Karin

• Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I like your daughter best and if the eyes are a little softer than her mouth I think it's just perfect.

I think you have a very nice entry thumb.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    I like your daughter best and if the eyes are a little softer than her mouth I think it's just perfect.

I think you have a very nice entry thumb.gif

:D Thank you
    Karin

• Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    All shots are nice but the one with the bird stands out the most for me. The DOF and the lighting give it a sense of foreboding. I can see this as a cover for a mystery or sci-fi book.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    richtersl wrote: »
    All shots are nice but the one with the bird stands out the most for me. The DOF and the lighting give it a sense of foreboding. I can see this as a cover for a mystery or sci-fi book.

Cool! Thanks for that....so I guess I need to decide between #1 and #3
    Karin

• Options
    fjcvisualfjcvisual Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I prefer #1. Her laughter really comes out. While I like 3 also, from a comp perspective it seems the subject is lost in the rest of the image. Would be interesting to see #3 from the perspective of #4.
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I like the look in her eye in #1 - cute with a touch of mischievious. I also like the cat & bird, but think #1 is the best shot of these.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    fjcvisual wrote: »
    I prefer #1. Her laughter really comes out. While I like 3 also, from a comp perspective it seems the subject is lost in the rest of the image. Would be interesting to see #3 from the perspective of #4.

lkbart wrote: »
    I like the look in her eye in #1 - cute with a touch of mischievious. I also like the cat & bird, but think #1 is the best shot of these.

Thank you both for chiming in, really do appreciate it:D
    Karin

• Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I liked the one with the dog. That would be a great portrait for the wall with a bit of cropping. I hope you don't let that one go to waste!

I like the one you entered too!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2011
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    I liked the one with the dog. That would be a great portrait for the wall with a bit of cropping. I hope you don't let that one go to waste!

I like the one you entered too!

Thanks Sandi, I will play with that one in post and see if I can make it wall worthy! Thanks for the feedback
    Karin