Options

#79 - Help me with my final decision!

CambysesCambyses Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited June 27, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok, got a chance to try yet another idea. I think I am now down to selecting either one of the following two. Would greatly appreciate your feedback on which one I should submit...

DSC4007-M.jpg

DSC4179-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    torrbraetorrbrae Registered Users Posts: 203 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    Both are excellent shots - would go with #2 as really like the repeating reflection.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    2 is colorful, slick and has a nice perspective!
    tom wise
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I also like #2. I've seen #1 over and over again elsewhere.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    #2 is definitely the better photo, except it looks like there's a little shake in it. No, not the "little shake" of the lego guys!, the camera must have shook when you took the photo, becuase each of the guys has a little "halo" around it. Almost looks like some of those 3-D things seen without the special glasses.
    edited June 27, 2011
    red_zone wrote: »
    #2 is definitely the better photo, except it looks like there's a little shake in it. No, not the "little shake" of the lego guys!, the camera must have shook when you took the photo, becuase each of the guys has a little "halo" around it. Almost looks like some of those 3-D things seen without the special glasses.

Yes, there may be a bit of camera shake and perhaps the associated lens VR effect too. I had to have my setup on the floor, and it was such that I couldn't use a tripod, and I was in a very awkward position laying down on the floor, and holding the camera and trying to capture the angle perspective in between the two mirrors where I could get the multiple reflections I desired (and the fact that this had to be SOOC with no crop option just added significantly to my hassle :( ). My awkward position and rather low light (despite a bounced flash) may have therefore contributed to a bit of camera shake. I took a few more shots this morning with better light (and hence faster shutter speed) but didn't get a chance to look them over on my computer before heading to work. Will check them out in the evening once I am back home, and will see if any of them comes out any better. Will then decide which one to submit...

PS --
    BTW, just to give the credit where it is due, I should mention that the original idea behind this shot came from my wife Memol mwink.gif
  • Options
    MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    I didn't give you all the tools... :)
    If your new shots are not good and you plan to take more pictures in the evening, use the small table and put it in front of the closet mirror. Then you don't need to lay down. Set the tripod and your son will not shake your hand. Instead of that brown leather, I would suggest you to use his Lego blocks. However, make sure to take care of your son and you can make use of this situation as a new play scenario and Daddy and son time-in :)
    Just remember the sour MILK :)))
  • Options
    MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2011
    One more thing.. Put the faces looking at each other and the blue guy toward the camera. He is a much nicer guy with a kind smile...