Options

abandoned shopping cart stats

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grinsGrasonville, MDPosts: 0 Big grins
edited July 7, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I was wondering if you have details that can be seen on if customers start up but fail to complete a transaction. I am in the midsts of realigning my stuff better align with what I am doing locally to try to only list "the best of the best" and also trimmed down my shopping cart options.

I've always wondered if one of my shots made it to the cart, but do to whatever reason, didn't get ordered.

Comments

• Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2011
    You know, I would LOVE to have these stats. I'm thinking I have a pretty high abandonment rate judging from the number of people who have personally contacted me about not being able to complete their purchase.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grins Grasonville, MDPosts: 0 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    SamirD wrote: »
    You know, I would LOVE to have these stats. I'm thinking I have a pretty high abandonment rate judging from the number of people who have personally contacted me about not being able to complete their purchase.

I know from personal experience that most modern ecommerce web developers can provide such stats. I am sure its within the realm of possibility wonder why nobody else has asked. Abandoned shopping carts are of a huge help in tweaking a web design. I wonder if the news would falsely alarm people in the number of abandoned carts they get.
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    So then this is now upgraded from a wish to a need. I need to know what's being abandoned and why.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    tsgphototsgphoto Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 7, 2011
    Could not agree more. Abandoned carts stats is an essential.