Rex Allen Theater

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited June 30, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
The building was built in the late 1800s and started life as a hotel. It was converted to a movie theater in 1927. It is considered to be Art Deco style architecture......

Rex-Allen-Theater-XL.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2011
    Nice one, Gary. I like the contrast on the subject being old style and yet the featured movies are totally in time. :D The processing also compliments the subject very well. Very well done! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    Nice one, Gary. I like the contrast on the subject being old style and yet the festured movies are totally in time. :D The processing also compliments the subject very well. Very well done! thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif

THANKS FOR DROPPING IN AND THE NICE COMMENT......:Dgary
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2011
    Nice PP on this interesting building. Pretty cool to see THESE :D current movie titles on the marquee. Then straight to the windmill.
    Michael
  • ShutterbearShutterbear Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 28, 2011
    Yes, the current movie selections on the marquis make it very interesting indeed.
    edited June 28, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Nice PP on this interesting building. Pretty cool to see THESE :D current movie titles on the marquee. Then straight to the windmill.

Thanks for dropping in Michael.......and the comment....:Dgary
    edited June 28, 2011
    Yes, the current movie selections on the marquis make it very interesting indeed.

Thanks Sutterbear for looking in and commenting.......:Dgary
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    as has already been mentioned - the old world feel with the up to date movies - love it thumb.gif
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    Hi Azzaro,
    I find your shot so bizarre--very "twilight zone". I'm waiting for a tumbleweed to roll by or a zombie as the place looks almost abandoned.

I like the old movie theatre and would not mind catching a flick there, it's just a shame that it's subjected to showing "Mr. Popper's Pinguins".

This could well be a postcard or a poster--I really like it :D.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited June 29, 2011
    jasonstone wrote: »
    as has already been mentioned - the old world feel with the up to date movies - love it thumb.gif

Thanks glad you liked it........:Dgary
    edited June 29, 2011
    Hi Azzaro,
    I find your shot so bizarre--very "twilight zone". I'm waiting for a tumbleweed to roll by or a zombie as the place looks almost abandoned.

I like the old movie theatre and would not mind catching a flick there, it's just a shame that it's subjected to showing "Mr. Popper's Pinguins".

This could well be a postcard or a poster--I really like it :D.

Hi Lizz.......Willcox was the center of the cattle production in the country. There was a time when the streets were dirt and full of cowboys and cattle.

THanks for looking and the nice comment.......:Dgary
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    This one turned out just wonderful. Makes me want to step inside, buy some popcorn and watch a movie :D
    edited June 30, 2011
    dogdots wrote: »
    this one turned out just wonderful. Makes me want to step inside, buy some popcorn and watch a movie :d

thanks mary k. ......:d