Dock

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
edited June 30, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
This one is from a few months ago. Thoughts?

DSC0044-XL.jpg

Comments

• 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    while i like this shot.. there is something missing i can't quite put my finger on at the moment. i'll look again later with a fresh eye
    Devin
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    Looks to me like you've done a very nice job from getting the scene to showing the scene with nice PP. Whats not to like in that regard. I'd say well done. Next please :D
    Michael
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,890 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    00SS wrote: »
    while i like this shot.. there is something missing i can't quite put my finger on at the moment. i'll look again later with a fresh eye

A human silhouette would have enhanced the take. But there was none.
    edited June 30, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Looks to me like you've done a very nice job from getting the scene to showing the scene with nice PP. Whats not to like in that regard. I'd say well done. Next please :D

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 30, 2011
    00SS wrote: »
    I think I know what you mean. This should be fabulous, but it's only good. I'm not quite sure why I feel that way, but I think it may have something to do with the centered mast and ropes. My eye keeps coming back to that rather than exploring the lovely mist and repeating lines. Dunno.
    edited June 30, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    I think I know what you mean. This should be fabulous, but it's only good. I'm not quite sure why I feel that way, but I think it may have something to do with the centered mast and ropes. My eye keeps coming back to that rather than exploring the lovely mist and repeating lines. Dunno.

Richard: I think you nailed it, the centered mast is distracting. Could the picture be taken in a different way? The mast is centered on the dock, so I don't know...
    Thanks.
    edited June 30, 2011
    Juano wrote: »
    Richard: I think you nailed it, the centered mast is distracting. Could the picture be taken in a different way? The mast is centered on the dock, so I don't know...
    Thanks.
    Hard to say without being there, but it looks like a tough problem to me. You could have shot from a higher angle so that the top horizontal had been out of frame, but you would have lost some of that nice sky and the ropes would still be there. Getting closer and panning to the left would have gotten it off center, but it still might have been a problem. It probably wouldn't be difficult to clone it out, if you don't mind that sort of thing, dunno.

Next time bring a chain-saw. naughty.gif
    edited June 30, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Hard to say without being there, but it looks like a tough problem to me. You could have shot from a higher angle so that the top horizontal had been out of frame, but you would have lost some of that nice sky and the ropes would still be there. Getting closer and panning to the left would have gotten it off center, but it still might have been a problem. It probably wouldn't be difficult to clone it out, if you don't mind that sort of thing, dunno.

Next time bring a chain-saw. naughty.gif

I don't mind making minor fixes, but I wouldn't like to clone out the whole mast. I guess I'm a bit of a purist, the chain-saw approach at least would be real! rolleyes1.gif
    edited June 30, 2011
    I don't mind making minor fixes, but I wouldn't like to clone out the whole mast. I guess I'm a bit of a purist, the chain-saw approach at least would be real! rolleyes1.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif I wouldn't clone it.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    Chainsaw approach. Too funny, Yeah, keep it real rolleyes1.gifI'm sticking with hammer only for the time being.
    Michael