Options

U6 Soccer tournament

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited June 28, 2011 in Sports
Last weekend was my son's opening tournaments for soccer. It was originally rained out last weekend was the rain date. It was also picture day for the T&I shots.

1. Over the shoulder shot of my son's team. The organization that did the shots was a bit of a let down to me. At least I would no be choosing to do a group shot like this with a wide angle. I was shooting 50mm and he was almost at the halfway point between me and the team using what appeared to be the Nikon equivalent to Canons 18-55mm kit lens.
Needless I am not hoping for a work of art from him.
opening-tournament-54-of-86-XL.jpg

2. Need to start with the obligatory opening shot of my son. No really good action shots from the weekend. This was his first game as goalie and he loved it. I got too worked up cheering him on as goalie and was dad instead of photographer for his big saves.
opening-tournament-109-of-86-XL.jpg

3. I am starting to love goalie action shots, or at least goalie with ball shots.
opening-tournament-32-of-86-XL.jpg

4. This little blonde guy is turning into a defensive powerhouse for the team. He is probably shortest kid on the team and is lightning fast.
opening-tournament-43-of-86-XL.jpg

5. This is one of my shots I am prouder of. This little girl is only on the field for a couple minutes at a time, then she wants off. Fourth game in I finally got a picture of in the action.
opening-tournament-40-of-86-XL.jpg

6. This little girl from the other team was very impressive as goalie. She kept the other team in the game. I knew I caught a couple good one of her so I gave her mom a card as well to see the pictures.
opening-tournament-82-of-86-XL.jpg

7. Here is the another one on the team I have been having troubles getting an action shot of, only one left I think.
opening-tournament-88-of-86-XL.jpg

8. Finally as long as people use their DSLRs like this I don't think pro photographers need to worry too much about the competition :)
i-2C6Fx4h-L.jpg