Options

Saturday Wedding

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited July 13, 2011 in Weddings
Shot as second last Saturday. Fantastic couple!!!

MG2305-M.jpg

MG2311-M.jpg

MG2779-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2011
    LOVE the ring shots, very crisp & pretty!! Will we see more? :D
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2011
    OK,
    Here are three more:

MG2606-Edit-2-M.jpg

MG2612-Edit-2-M.jpg

2570-2-M.jpg
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2011
    Hm, I think if you'd drop the ghosty vignette in the top 2, they'd look better (to me anyway) ... more timeless thumb.gif

Looks like a pretty set though!
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2011
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Hm, I think if you'd drop the ghosty vignette in the top 2, they'd look better (to me anyway) ... more timeless thumb.gif

Looks like a pretty set though!

I have them both ways. Clients can choose. :D

Thanks for the input!!

Sam
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    Good stuff Sam!

#3 looks like the groom is looking at another photographer though. To me, this shot needs to have them both looking into your lens.

I also agree with Angie about the soft vignette. I'm not even sure I would give my clients an option (between two of the same shots). I like to tell them which on is the best and do the editing for them (make life easy for them to purchase prints).
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2011
    Good stuff Sam!

#3 looks like the groom is looking at another photographer though. To me, this shot needs to have them both looking into your lens.

I also agree with Angie about the soft vignette. I'm not even sure I would give my clients an option (between two of the same shots). I like to tell them which on is the best and do the editing for them (make life easy for them to purchase prints).

I am the second and as such my main job is to get the groom and groomsmen getting ready and different angles of the event.

The shot of the couples is only a back up image, and yes I agree it would be better if they they both were looking into the camera.

Thank you for your comment on the vignette. It's now two against one, (me). I like it but am not married to it so your opinions are appreciated.

I also agree with only giving the client the best images. The primary will make his choices, and if he doesn't feel like he wants to include the vignette images, no problem.

Sam
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    Hey Sam! Nice to see you posting up some images for us. I agree with what has been said so far by Angie and Pat.
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,418 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2011
    Really nice work, Sam! That second shot, of the ring with the heart shaped shadow is just too cool!
  • Options
    kathiemtkathiemt Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2011
    Um, I can't see the top shots at all - totally blank. But can see the others. Great experience to get. I like how you've used the flowers for bordering the shots.