Options

MF Nikon Nikkor 28mm f/2.0 AIS

brianbbrianb Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
edited July 3, 2011 in Nikon Land
For Sale: Nikon Nikkor 28mm f/2.0 AIS (manual focus)

Serial # 593870. Lens body is used but in decent shape. Filter threads are beat up/dented slightly, but filters still screw on without a problem. Focus is smooth, and aperture clicks distinctly at each stop. Front element has a scratch in the coating. Rear element has several bigger scratches in the coating, and a couple small deeper scratches as well. There's a normal amount of dust inside given its age, and no fungus that I can see. In sample photos I see no impact or aberrations from the scratches (on DX).

Photos of lens and a few photos taken with it: http://photography.brianbillman.com/For-Sale/Nikon-28mm-f2-AIS/17796093_j8hm55

Price - $195 shipped, continental US only, lens only (no caps)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 3, 2011
    Lowered Price. Off to ebay soon if no one's interested.
  • Options
    Bigfoot424Bigfoot424 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    brianb wrote: »
    Lowered Price. Off to ebay soon if no one's interested.

Brian,
    Excuse me for showing my ignorance here but I certainly am no pro. I have a Nikon D 90. Is there any issues in using this lens? I'm leaving shortly for a cross country flight so I may not get back here until tomorrow to see your response.

Thanks
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    Bigfoot424 wrote: »
    Brian,
    Excuse me for showing my ignorance here but I certainly am no pro. I have a Nikon D 90. Is there any issues in using this lens? I'm leaving shortly for a cross country flight so I may not get back here until tomorrow to see your response.

Thanks
    Not Brian... but I can answer your question.

The lens he is selling is a manual EVERYTHING lens and will not meter on the D90. With this lens there can be a bit of a learning curve on a body that does not meter older lenses. The D90 would have to be in Manual mode and you would need to check your LCD (chimpin') to guesstimate the exposure and see if it looked good enough/close enough to meet your expectations. Once you got the shot(s) off the camera, it might take a little PP to tweak the image to your final needs.

Let me/us know if you have any additional questions re: manual lenses...

You're welcome Brian...
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2011
    Thanks Seymore!

I'll throw in a few additional thoughts. Yup, with anything other than a D200/D300(s), D7000, D2x/D3, you'll need to be in M (manual) mode. I started out with a D70s, and using full manual mode was not too difficult, assuming either: a) you have time to check the result and adjust if necessary, or b) your shot has the same lighting as previous shots where the exposure is already set. I got used to it and once I had a baseline it was easy to adjust for lighting differences. Once you set the aperture (on the lens itself), you need to manually set shutter speed and ISO to get a correct exposure.

Something else to mention, is that even though its manual focus, you will have the green focus confirmation dot (in the lower left corner of viewfinder) to indicate that the subject under the current focus point is in focus (this happens with all F mount lenses, I believe).

I like this focal length on DX because its slightly wider than the "normal" 50mm (28mm = 42mm crop equivalent on DX). Selling because I found that I favor the closer focusing 28mm f/2.8 AIS (0.2m vs 0.25m) over the extra stop of max aperture.

Thanks,
    Brian