I love frosty clouds.

ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited June 30, 2011 in Landscapes
I have to give Wisconsin credit, it sure is beautiful. And since I haven't gotten a SM account yet and I *think* that's the only way I can put multiple images in one shot.....

Anywho. I like to take landscape pictures when life throws rocks at me. It cheers me up and gives me a sense of refreshment and the spirit to keep going.
I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard

Comments

• ValerieJeanValerieJean Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    I have to give Wisconsin credit, it sure is beautiful. And since I haven't gotten a SM account yet and I *think* that's the only way I can put multiple images in one shot....

2 completely different days, 2 completely different packages of emotion.
    I never question what to do, it tells me what to do. The photographs make themselves with my help. ~Ruth Bernhard
  • cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    Pretty skies. I've never been to Wisconsin, it's one of the few states I've yet to visit.

Just FYI, you do not need SM to include more than one picture in a post. You just have to have your photos hosted somewhere (I use photobucket, it's not nearly as good as SM, but it's free... There are many other such sites to host photos.) Then when you make your post, you link to the photo rather than attaching it. Just click the picture icon on the toolbar when you create the post or reply - it is the square one with yellow background and what looks like the sun over mountains - and insert the URL of your photo. Some sites (like photobucket) give you a copy-able HTML code so you can just paste it into your thread to link to images. Just make sure whatever hosting site you use has the bandwidth to accommodate lots of views. Some threads on dgrin can generate hundreds of views, and each time someone opens it up, the hosting site has to handle the traffic.

SM is a great site, and one of these days I will join the ranks, but until then there are other options.
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • TheCheeseheadTheCheesehead Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    Love the shots. Where in Wisconsin is this?
    edited June 29, 2011
    Pretty skies. I've never been to Wisconsin, it's one of the few states I've yet to visit.

Just FYI, you do not need SM to include more than one picture in a post. You just have to have your photos hosted somewhere (I use photobucket, it's not nearly as good as SM, but it's free... There are many other such sites to host photos.) Then when you make your post, you link to the photo rather than attaching it. Just click the picture icon on the toolbar when you create the post or reply - it is the square one with yellow background and what looks like the sun over mountains - and insert the URL of your photo. Some sites (like photobucket) give you a copy-able HTML code so you can just paste it into your thread to link to images. Just make sure whatever hosting site you use has the bandwidth to accommodate lots of views. Some threads on dgrin can generate hundreds of views, and each time someone opens it up, the hosting site has to handle the traffic.

SM is a great site, and one of these days I will join the ranks, but until then there are other options.

Thank you so much! I've been trying to figure it out since I'm sort of a newbie here and am still getting to know Dgrin. So far, I love it, and everyone affiliated. It's people like you who take time out of their day to send a compliment or offer help that makes me keep coming back. I appreciate it....

You should most definitely visit Wisconsin some time. Some people call it a boring, alcoholic state, and while we do have a TON of heavy drinkers here there is just so much more than that to it. The bluffs, the valleys, the way you can see the types of trees gradually change as you travel from one neck of the woods to the other. I can't think of any other state I've been to that has as much of a variety of landscapes. It's neat. and once again, thank you :ivar
    edited June 29, 2011
    Love the shots. Where in Wisconsin is this?

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the compliment. ... This is around the Wisconsin Dells and Tomah area. I can't wait to have all of the initial 'behind-the-scenes' business stuff founded so I can actually get out in the nice weather and shoot more finally. I have a lot of concepts to follow through with. I've got some models lined up for sessions at state parks, and other nature trails, waterfalls, etc... I've lived here for half of my life and there is still so much to adventure. I love it.
  • cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2011
    Thank you so much!

You're welcome. Here is a little tutorial about how to insert photos, basically showing you want I described, but with picture and description goodness! It is based around photos hosted on SM, but the same tricks apply to any hosting site (photobucket/shutterfly/flickr/etc). If the photo you want to link has an HTML address, it can be linked. Just be sure that you're not linking a photo to which you don't have rights...

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/Tutorials/Digital-Grin/Posting-a-Pic-on-Dgrin/1083138_ETxER/1
    You should most definitely visit Wisconsin some time. Some people call it a boring, alcoholic state, and while we do have a TON of heavy drinkers here there is just so much more than that to it. The bluffs, the valleys, the way you can see the types of trees gradually change as you travel from one neck of the woods to the other. I can't think of any other state I've been to that has as much of a variety of landscapes. It's neat. and once again, thank you :ivar

If for nothing else, I'm sure I will visit someday because I would like to visit all 50 states, and there are only a handful left on my list. I do love beer, cheese, and sausage as well as beautiful country, so I think I'd be just fine there. :D
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • OlyFanOlyFan Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    Hi your photo's are lovely and I believe we take photo's for the same reason. Photography and fishing keep me from losing my mind at times. :-)