Options

Selling non-commissioned work

berhimwichberhimwich Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited July 17, 2004 in The Big Picture
I have a large portfolio of work but none of the material was commissioned (except for a wedding, which I yet have to put up on my site). Despite the fact I receive a good amount of traffic on my site, I have not sold any prints. My prices were always reasonable but I dropped them just in case my visitors had doubts about paying for a print. This isn't meant to be a sad story. I'm thinking about selling framed prints at my house (I have a very good Epson printer) and perhaps eventually moving into a studio loft which would serve as a house/place of business.

I was inspired by a friend of mine who sells used books. You wouldn't know it from the foot traffic, but he makes a good amount of money every month. Having a place where people can buy prints is a bit in the same vein and thought I'd give it a try (it really couldn't hurt and is even exciting).

Anyways, if anybody has had success selling non-commissioned work on a regular basis on a Smugmug (or similiar) site, please let me know. Thank you very much!