Award Winner - Year of the Priest

Moon MullenMoon Mullen Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited July 2, 2011 in People
Year of the Priest was very good to me. On Tuesday, the Catholic Press Association of US and Canada announced their 2011 awards, and this photo of mine took 2nd place in Newspapers, Best General News Photo category. Originally appeared in The Catholic Transcript newspaper June 2010. Earlier this spring, the same image won 1st place in a feature photo category as judged by the Connecticut Society of Professional Journalists.

Thank you very much, Fadda!:barb

http://www.catholicphotographer.com/Archdiocese-of-Hartford/Ordination-to-Priesthood-May/12195608_uYnZJ#868475644_6oCxt-A-LB

Bob Mullen
The Catholic Photographer
www.catholicphotographer.com

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    congrats..it's a wonderful PJ shot!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    Congrats!!!!
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    Mildly appropriate caption:

Little girl: "OH HE JUST GOT SOOOO BLESSED."

From a fellow Catholic, I send you my most sincere congratulations! I am hoping, at some point, to do work for my local parish. Hard to find a better venue than a beautiful church.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
  • BrucheBruche Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    Bravo!
  • SventekozSventekoz Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    That certainly is a perfectly captured moment. Congratulations.
    John
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    WTG Bob
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    BRAVO!!!
    wings.gif
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • Moon MullenMoon Mullen Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Thanks for the Kind Remarks
    Year of the Priest was very good to me. On Tuesday, the Catholic Press Association of US and Canada announced their 2011 awards, and this photo of mine took 2nd place in Newspapers, Best General News Photo category. Originally appeared in The Catholic Transcript newspaper June 2010. Earlier this spring, the same image won 1st place in a feature photo category as judged by the Connecticut Society of Professional Journalists.

Thank you very much, Fadda!wings.gif

http://www.catholicphotographer.com/Archdiocese-of-Hartford/Ordination-to-Priesthood-May/12195608_uYnZJ#868475644_6oCxt-A-LB

Bob Mullen
    The Catholic Photographer
    www.catholicphotographer.com

Very kind of all of you to comment. I sit quietly in the background most of the time, but I love SmugMug and I love being able to come to Digital Grin to look up not only information about using my Smug (have 2 of them), but techniques on photography, advice on buying equipment and processing software...it feels like family. Just for the record, I also have a Flickr account that I got on the suggestion it would help get me more exposure (I don't have many friends), but other than setting it up with a few photos, I never go to it. Paid a lot less for Flickr, but what does it matter. At a recent session of the Catholic Press Association the presenters were talking about social networking and using Flickr as the example for photography. After comments from some about security, stolen photos, ability to customize, I made a pitch for SmugMug telling them all you can make it pretty much what you want and control downloads, copyright notice/display, comments, gallery settings, privacy, slideshows, links...ah, you guys already know this, but you get what I mean. I know the paper I shoot for occasionally (Catholic Transcript) signed up for SmugMug for all of these reasons. Hopefully, a few more will follow. Got to support family!