Options

Entire wedding (stills&video) shot with an iPhone 4

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited July 5, 2011 in Weddings

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2011
    Ahhhhh, let this better not teach us anything :nah ... other than ... we should better shut up when we see uncle Bob filming over our shoulder :D

Impressed? YES
    Should one start shooting with iphones? NO
    Am I going to be scared uncle Bob will have better photos than me? NOPE, and *if* uncle Bob does, then I better lay down my camera and cry in a corner.

Thanks for sharing the link. It was sure nicely cut and told the story thumb.gif
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Ahhhhh, let this better not teach us anything :nah ... other than ... we should better shut up when we see uncle Bob filming over our shoulder :D

Impressed? YES
    Should one start shooting with iphones? NO
    Am I going to be scared uncle Bob will have better photos than me? NOPE, and *if* uncle Bob does, then I better lay down my camera and cry in a corner.

Thanks for sharing the link. It was sure nicely cut and told the story thumb.gif

If you read the little paragraph below, it states that this was shot using several phones and several professional photographers and videographers. No uncles included !!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    I know. But I'm not sure if a pro photographer is that much better thank a creative uncle bob with that device. Doesn't take that much knowledge.
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    Well, they were shots done by a pro so they know composition and lighting, but they also have very good PP skills. The only problem is that they don't get to choose their lens, adjust settings manually to their liking, they won't have all the capabilities that RAW offers you and they won't have the resolution of a high-end dSLR. Other than that, any pro * should * be able to take well-composed and lit on a point and shoot and work them up as they would any other image to have something somewhat relatively comparable (not the same as!) to their other work.

On second thought... I guess you COULD attach a lens
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    I think it's the result should be judged on its merits, without reference to gear and photographer.

Even the pro-est of pros hopes and prays while they are pretending to order exactly what they want of the world!

The greatest writers write books that relatively few people read, while we all delight in the off-the-cuff quips of our "ordinary" friends.

IOW what we like, we like - for itself!:D

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    Obviously, part of the point of that presentation was to show that the iPhone 4 has the technical ability to deliver *in skilled hands*. What I think it proves is that cameras - in whatever form or format - are tools. Post processing software and computer power... are tools. Skill and an artistic eye is what puts them to good use and creates fabulous shots.
  • Options
    WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2011
    They didn't only use an iPhone. They had a tripod, lighting, AND changeable lenses. http://iphoneshooters.com/?page_id=2
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook