PEOPLE in my landscapes

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited October 10, 2005 in People
39208430-L.jpg

Shrimpers, my daughter says it is a hard life.

39208446-L.jpg

Comments, praise, welcome.

Actually, I can't say what I was trying to do. I was trying to get a photograph of an American Eagle, but I kept seeing all these other things.....

Never got to the eagle place. The top photo, it was a grab shot, I was talking to someone, saw the man walking, took the photo, forgot about it.
The bottom photo, I saw the man there with his coffee and almost freaked with the drool of wanting the photo. He was across the creek, I had my 17-40 lens on. I took the darn photo, then changed lenses, hoping he would still be there. I mean, a 17, even a 40, is not my lens of choice in such a situation, I put on my 400. Lucky I got this one, he did not come back. I did not expect anything from it though.

Saw it on the PC, messed with it, cropped it a bit on the right, basically, I let it go about as dark as it wanted to, the sun was from that direction, so my exposure was not corrected yet, either and the sky was blown. By letting it go dark, accepting that, I think I got a pretty good save there. What do you all think?

ginger (The top one is full frame, most of my stuff is)
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    What can I say
    I like them...
    Yes, sky on #2 is blown out, but it does not distract me from this little human figure. It has almost black and white feeling (did you try b/w or duo-tone for it?)
    #1 - you can feel the hard working man, it's almost eerie..
    Cheers!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    #1 is superb G clap.gif Deep afternoon colours there (or was it morning) That grass really makes the shot.

Gus
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    Ginger that first one is just lovely...That grass..The man... The pier...I love itthumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso