Someone know some good tips for CD cover photos????

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsNorwayPosts: 0 Major grins
edited July 6, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    I've had this dilemma before. I searched and searched and finally decided it was easier to do it manually. Here's what I do, using Photoshop:

1. Make a new document in Photoshop. 1425 by 1430 pixels at 300 pixels/inch. This is the cover. Put your design on that. You can crop the photo, or leave some white space, or whatever. I usually put text and graphics on covers.

2. Once you've designed it, it's time to print. Save the file first. Select all the layers in the document, and group them into one. (In the bottom of the layers panel, click the New Group button.) So now you've got one group that's your cover.

3. Make a new document in Photoshop. This time choose the Letter size. It should be 8.5 by 11 inches at 300 pixels/inch. Now, go back to your cover, and, using the Move Tool (V), drag the group that you made to the Letter document. Put it close to the top of the page. Two covers will fit on this page. Right-click the group, and choose Duplicate Group. Drag this group down to near the bottom of the page. This is what you'll print.

4. Print! I use matte paper. Since I have an Epson printer, I like Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte. Glossy photo paper will work fine also.

5. I use a cheap paper cutter to cut out the covers. They're less than $10 at stores like Staples. Make sure you get each cut right... I've ruined a few I'm sure. Now test them in a CD case. After a bunch of trial and error (not required anymore, thankfully!), I've found that 1425 by 1430 pixels at 300 pixels/inch works about right. You may need to adjust.

Hope this helps! :):
  • Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    Chk. Out whcc custom cd DVD cases, 25.00 and you design it in ps whcc.com

If your looking for tips on posing, faces, scenery, make them look their best and go browse a music store for samples