Chicago Sunset with nasty storm rolling in...

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited July 6, 2011 in Landscapes

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Wow Jim. The upper half of this shot is incredible! I would consider cropping much of the lower half to emphasize the amazing scene you captured.
  • rbtrbt Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    an amazing shot - wish I would have captured that one
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    The words "nasty storm" totally make me click this thread. lol3.gif Love these shots, the dramatic color and the teeny tiny Chicago skyline!
  • bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    eoren1 wrote: »
    Wow Jim. The upper half of this shot is incredible! I would consider cropping much of the lower half to emphasize the amazing scene you captured.

I agree with Eyal - chop off about 70% of the water and you'll have an amazing almost-panoramic photo. Great color and drama with the lightning!
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    bobcool wrote: »
    I agree with Eyal - chop off about 70% of the water and you'll have an amazing almost-panoramic photo. Great color and drama with the lightning!

Wow!

I like the small skyline - it really emphasizes how big the lightening bolts are - but I agree with BobCool that the comp would be improved with a chunk of the water cropped out.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,240 moderator
    edited July 3, 2011
    Cool shot, Jim. We were in Michigan the 30th and the 1st and that same storm was causing lightning all around us for 25 straight hours. And no, I'm, not exaggerating.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • chickendropchickendrop Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    Excellent timing! I love the tiny cityscape too. I also agree with all above on cropping out the water. What's the neon line on the horizon? Is it from the lightning?
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 5, 2011
    Beautiful capture! thumb.gif That would make a great pano.

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    eoren1 wrote: »

I ended up doing that shortly after I really looked at it, that and I had a 10x8 frame that was crying out to be use.. Laughing.gif