edited July 4, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Does this work?

#1 - Corn Crop
DSC1148-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Mmmm. That looks good. (in more ways than one)
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    I like it! But part of me is wondering if you can center the pat of butter vertically even more than you already have it?

How did it taste? :D
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Thanks Greg.
    richtersl wrote: »
    How did it taste? :D

Haven't tried them yet. Got the idea this morning, ran to buy corn, set up the shot and lighting in my basement and am now getting ready to cook the corn! The shot was taken uncooked, melted the butter on the corn. Tried using a steamer to get some steam in the shot but found I was running out of hands to hold various reflector cards, steamer, remote trigger, etc.
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,275 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Mmmm...perfect.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    Maybe you could bribe an extra pair of hands to help out if you promise to let them eat the corn? Looks delicious. A bit of salt would add good visual texture and would taste good too....
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    This is a wonderful image, very well done and very appetizing in terms of a food photo.

I'm not an expert, but I think that it fits nicely into the rule of symmetry and patterns, described here below:

http://www.photographymad.com/pages/view/10-top-photography-composition-rules

I'm not sure what rule(s) you are breaking?...headscratch.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    This is a wonderful image, very well done and very appetizing in terms of a food photo.

I'm not an expert, but I think that it fits nicely into the rule of symmetry and patterns, described here below:

http://www.photographymad.com/pages/view/10-top-photography-composition-rules

I'm not sure what rule(s) you are breaking?...headscratch.gif

It really doesn't break any of the composition rules that I know of. Just an odd crop. Think I'll see if I can come up with something else. headscratch.gif

Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    Yum!

Nice shot, effective crop, clever title! I'd agree though that it seems to be a question of choosing a rule (rule of thirds vs. symmetry) rather than breaking one.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    It's a really nice shot. Have you played with over- or under-exposing it - but I guess that would just be high key or low key & not breaking any rules. Oh well. Nice shot anyway :)
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/