HDR Quiet Pond - C&C Please

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited July 2, 2011 in Landscapes
This is actually a creek, not a pond, but it isn't moving much. Like most Texas creeks and rivers right now, this one didn't have much water when I shot it a few weeks back. But I still liked the scene. This is a 5-shot HDR processed in Photomatix Pro. I'd like some C&C please, on the comp and the PP . . . and anything else!

This was shot at about 0830 so I was surprised to be able to pull some pink out of the sky at that hour. Sunrise was about 0630. I think the upper right sky may be a bit dark. Any comments?

This is near Vanderpool, which is about 75 mi west of San Antonio.

Thanks,
Lauren

i-brWhnsD-XL.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• wolf911wolf911 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    You got a really nice natural looking process. Something goofy right at the top of the tallest tree on the right hand side, looks like a dot with a circle around it? Easy enough to clean up.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Yes, thanks for pointing out the dot. I keep meaning to post that in the gear section and see if someone can figure out what it is. There are actually two spots that show up consistently, so I have done something to the lens I think--those dots weren't there until a few weeks ago.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Oh Lauren, I LOVE this photo!! It is so peaceful and inviting. I could sit here for hours!! Your processing is spot on IMHO.

As wolf911 already mentioned, there is a spot right near the top left of the tallest tree on the right side of the picture. Not sure what that is. Other than that, I would not change a thing as it is beautiful!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • wolf911wolf911 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Yes, thanks for pointing out the dot. I keep meaning to post that in the gear section and see if someone can figure out what it is. There are actually two spots that show up consistently, so I have done something to the lens I think--those dots weren't there until a few weeks ago.

not a dust bunny on the sensor?
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Lauren,

You asked: :D

I think the composition is nice, and I like that you didn't take the HDR too far, but the image / foreground / trees and stream seem a little underexposed and flat.

I think it's worth reprocessing.

Sam