Moon Lake

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited July 4, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
This tree caught my attention more so then then the lake.

i-GsNvN5c-XL.jpg

Comments

• jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Nice find, Mary. thumb.gif I was wondering if cropping off the bright areas on the bottom and cloning out the diagonal element inside the frame would strengthen the image. Maybe yes, or maybe not? ne_nau.gif
    Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    Nice find, Mary. thumb.gif I was wondering if cropping off the bright areas on the bottom and cloning out the diagonal element inside the frame would strengthen the image. Maybe yes, or maybe not? ne_nau.gif

You do like to challenge my abilities don't you rolleyes1.gif

The diagonal element is train tracks. It runs the whole lake. Don't think I could crop it out. People around here that would see the photo would question why I took out a big element of the lake :D

Removing the grass at the bottom ... that I did think about doing that. It does draw the eye away from the tree somewhat. Certainly makes it look more lonely without the grass at the bottom to my eye.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    Howdy Mary,

Neat and Foreboding image, really
    tells the story of the recent flooding.

The Processing really adds to the overall
    mood and feel.

I like your decision to leave the Railroad tracks,
    it grounds the image and it's the way that
    it truly looks.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited July 3, 2011
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Mary,

Neat and Foreboding image, really
    tells the story of the recent flooding.

The Processing really adds to the overall
    mood and feel.

I like your decision to leave the Railroad tracks,
    it grounds the image and it's the way that
    it truly looks.

Hi Craig ...

Foreboding .. that's a good word to describe this scene :D

It does show the flooding that's happening out there in the countryside. Roads to the east and west of this tree are under water. Railroad tracks that run to the left of this photo have water rising up between the ties. It's wet. I'm looking forward to seeing this lake once it returns to it's normal banks. It's a lake I never knew was out there, but certainly one I want to return to many times and just walk around it.

Wished I had an IR camera when I was out there :D I saw the sky and thought of your photos.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    Nice image Mary K. ... I would clone the grass, but leave the tracks. I think it adds to the pic. thumb.gifgary
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    Funny, I like the grass. It anchors the whole thing rather well.
    edited July 4, 2011
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Nice image Mary K. ... I would clone the grass, but leave the tracks. I think it adds to the pic. thumb.gifgary

Hi Gary ...

Thank you for commenting ... as for the grass ... I looked at it both ways and still can't decide what to do with it rolleyes1.gif
    edited July 4, 2011
    Funny, I like the grass. It anchors the whole thing rather well.

Grass is a winner with you :D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    Very nice one, Mary. I like it as it is.....including all the different elements. If you were to play around with it, I'd suggest an overall darker look....something to create a totally darkened out, completely silhouetted tree. Good work.clap.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    Nice shot, Mary. I side with the "grass removal" crowd but I like the tracks. The sky looks a bit blown out but to me it makes a nicer contrast to the tree. I like this shot!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited July 4, 2011
    Very nice one, Mary. I like it as it is.....including all the different elements. If you were to play around with it, I'd suggest an overall darker look....something to create a totally darkened out, completely silhouetted tree. Good work.clap.gif

Tom

Hi Tom ..

Darker .. so many ideas to play around with. Never thought of it silhouetted. I like it when I get idea's :D

Glad you liked it :D
    edited July 4, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Nice shot, Mary. I side with the "grass removal" crowd but I like the tracks. The sky looks a bit blown out but to me it makes a nicer contrast to the tree. I like this shot!

Lauren

You noticed the blown out sky rolleyes1.gifI hate the top of this sky, but I just couldn't get it right with my ps skills. Sky just wasn't working in my favor that day.

Thanks for your input :D Glad you liked it.