Options

GEAR: Canon 200EG bag

Tutorials and ReviewsTutorials and Reviews Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 138
edited May 18, 2005 in Book and Gear Reviews
Canon 200EG Bag

Review by James Stanton.

The Canon 200EG bag measures 16½” X 13.” From the first photo you can see it has plenty of straps, two zippered pockets on the outside along with a net drawstring pocket.

One drawback is the big 'Canon' logo on the front that says “Steal me, I am full of expensive equipment.” This can be easily removed leaving only two small holes in the fabric.

Here I have taken a photo of what I will put in the bag so you can get an idea of the space that is available inside.
246170137_iDJKv-O.jpg

Here is a close-up of the bag with the equipment in it.
246170139_iC3vX-O.jpg

One drawbacks of which I have heard (but never experienced) is the zippers can become unzipped from the heavy weight of a camera with the battery grip when closed at the top of the bag. This problem can be avoided just by making sure both zippers are at the bottom when closed.
246170142_F9Npk-O.jpg

From here you can see it has two zippered pockets on the inside. Also indicated in the image are the side pockets located on each end of the bag.

As you can tell this bag has plenty of room and is equipped with many pockets for all your small stuff like memory cards and remotes. The shoulder straps are heavily padded and very comfortable. It also has straps to carry a tripod.

The fact that this bag can be had for as little as $35 makes it a great buy. I would recommend this bag to anyone looking for an inexpensive, comfortable bag with plenty of room for your gear.
246170143_9nbBT-O.jpg