Options

GEAR: Camdapter handstrap

Tutorials and ReviewsTutorials and Reviews Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 138
edited May 18, 2005 in Book and Gear Reviews
Handstraps for your DSLR and Camdapter

Review by Andy.

This is a clever little "no-brainer" accessory. It's a leather handstrap for your Nikon D70, Canon Rebel, 20D, 5D type DSLR. It's made by Jim Garavuso over at Camdapter.

It's a combination strap and plate system. The plate, goes into the tripod hole on the bottom of your camera.

There are plates that fit most Nikon, Canon DSLRs. There's even an Arca-style plate!
49950713_dzvcX-O.jpg

I really like the double-ended plate. You can see it above, and to the right. It allows for the handstrap and the neckstrap to be on the camera at the same time. Use it in your hand, when you want to. Put it around your shoulder or neck when you are not shooting.

Very convenient.
49950720_DWwzE-O.jpg

There are three different color all-leather handstraps available. The leather is top grain, soft and supple. Extremely well-stitched and put together. Feels great in your hand!

Jim Garavuso, who created the Camdapter, is a solid business person, I've had great service and communications with him. Very Reliable.
49950725_d3eLc-O.jpg

The original Bogen Plate
96681890_Ek4T7-O.jpg

This is the new plate, it fits any Manfrotto Bogen system that uses the 3157N camera plate. It's black, smooth, alloy. Nice finish. Precisely milled. Excellent fit, no perceived difference from the original plate.

Workmanship is impressive, this is a finely made product. Setup is a breeze.
96681891_dnaV2-O.jpg

Close up, on top of my well-worn tripod head :)
96681885_DBU7C-O.jpg

Underneath, you can see that the battery compartment is completely acessible, even with this plate mounted.
96681876_SwAPv-O.jpg

As I've mentioned - I really like a handstrap AND the neck strap on the camera at the same time. Camdapter to the rescue!
96681871_Ur6S2-O.jpg