Fireworks

TrapshooterTrapshooter Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited July 4, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
My oldest daughter has decided she would like to take some picture of our fireworks on the 4th. Since I do not know what I am doing, I am hoping someone can give me some tips on how to get a few nice pictures. Do I use a 100 ISO with a long exposure? Any tips would be appreciated.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks<o:p></o:p>

Comments

• wolf911wolf911 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    My oldest daughter has decided she would like to take some picture of our fireworks on the 4th. Since I do not know what I am doing, I am hoping someone can give me some tips on how to get a few nice pictures. Do I use a 100 ISO with a long exposure? Any tips would be appreciated.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Thanks<o:p></o:p>

ISO 100, f/8, bulb setting, 28mm, manual focus set to infinite

put camera on tripod and use a wireless remote and presto

gets you:

MG3855-L.jpg

MG3734-L.jpg
  • tkerrtkerr Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    wolf911 wrote: »
    ISO 100, f/8, bulb setting, 28mm, manual focus set to infinite

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i39/Tim_Kerr/2010%204th%20of%20July%20Fireworks/?albumview=slideshow
    I use similar settings. ISO 100 or 200, f/8 or f/9, I've used even smaller. And then bulb mode on a tripod with remote shutter switch.
    Length of each exposure depends on how many fireworks are going up at the time. Mine usually range anywhere from just a few seconds to as long as 20 seconds. Or just a fraction of a second as it explodes and you won't get the smooth streaks.
    Careful when shooting the finale if they are shooting most of the fireworks from one general area. Long exposures can easily blow out.