Thanks for deleting my signature.

DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
edited July 15, 2011 in Dgrin Forum Support
For some apparent reason it wasn't conformed to your signature standards (despite the fact that I had the same signature for 5+ years.) Whatever reason it was, would you mind sending me a message and asking me to change it instead? Because I consider the moderator's ":thumb" more of a "screw you" than a "fixed the problem" kind of thing.

Please restore my text data. If I had an image or URL you didn't like, great, feel free to delete it. Why did you delete my entire signature, which included lens data and a few other things? Big :thumb but the other way around.
Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    Sorry you see it that way.

Your signature is not recoverable. The reasons for deletion were fully explained in the link in the PM you were sent.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    Just as a general principle, I also would have preferred a PM asking me to change it rather than a PM telling me it had been done for me.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    Pupator wrote: »
    Just as a general principle, I also would have preferred a PM asking me to change it rather than a PM telling me it had been done for me.

The reason we do it instead of asking is that now that we've set the limits on signatures most users have a hard time making the change, since they inevitably miss something, and then the software won't let them save it, and they don't know why, especially if they're using WYSIWYG editing. In your case it was easier to just remove the font tags and know it was done, then send you a PM so you could make any other changes you wanted.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    Poo, I can't remember how I had my lens stuff written. Sorry if I seemed upset, I just was upset about that, not really upset at you. Just wish I knew what it was before it got deleted.
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • roadgrayroadgray Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2011
    Poo, I can't remember how I had my lens stuff written. Sorry if I seemed upset, I just was upset about that, not really upset at you. Just wish I knew what it was before it got deleted.
    Does this help?