Options

Crop this reflection

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited July 19, 2004 in Landscapes
In the course of shooting for the challenge, I took the following and pulled the 2 crops out of it. Anyone have different suggestions?

1498luxRefl.jpg

Crop1

1498luxRefl_c.jpg

Crop 2

1498luxRefl_c1.jpg
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    In the course of shooting for the challenge, I took the following and pulled the 2 crops out of it. Anyone have different suggestions?

1498luxRefl.jpg

Charles,
    I kind of like the original because of the repetition of three red things. I would try a crop that takes off the top half and just leaves all the windows on the bottom with all three red things. It makes a wide panorama. I didn't put it here because I don't see how to reduce the size of your originals and I didn't want to take up a lot of space. Do you have these on Smugmug?
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2004
    snapapple wrote:

Charles,
    I kind of like the original because of the repetition of three red things. I would try a crop that takes off the top half and just leaves all the windows on the bottom with all three red things. It makes a wide panorama. I didn't put it here because I don't see how to reduce the size of your originals and I didn't want to take up a lot of space. Do you have these on Smugmug?
    You can pull them down, reduce them and attach the smaller result or just not include a repeat of the image. As yet I use my own servers entirely. But here is a slice. What do you think?
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited July 19, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    You can pull them down, reduce them and attach the smaller result or just not include a repeat of the image. As yet I use my own servers entirely. But here is a slice. What do you think?

I like the panoramic view with the three red areas the best too. Snappy and I agree.lickout.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:

Yes! I like the panorama effect.
    clap.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    Yes! I like the panorama effect.
    clap.gif
    Thanks for the suggestion. The window frame makes it look like a section of 35mm film roll.