The ultimate race 2
speedway033-L.jpg

Your thoughts?
Winston

Comments

• Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    I prefer the #2 shot without the pole, but if your breaking all the rules maybe #1 fits the theme better?
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    rbustraen wrote: »
    I prefer the #2 shot without the pole, but if your breaking all the rules maybe #1 fits the theme better?

Thanks Randy... I like 2 better also because the kid looks like he is trying to speed up... these and several others were all accidental, I didn't even see the kid until he went by and startled me...
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    Love #2! The kid does look like he's racing to keep up with the car. Perhaps you could obscure the pole somewhat in that one?
  • Options
    martinjp2martinjp2 Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2011
    I think the metal pole gives a finish line effect. I like it. Plus if you're breaking rules, why cleanup distractions?
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2011
    Thanks Linda & Martin for the feedback... I might see what I can do with the pole, or I might not ne_nau.gif, we still have a week? I might shoot something else if I get a chance...
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2011
    I think that the pool is fun there, but I also prefer #2 because the kid is more to the left and if gives more of of racing impression, as Linda mentioned :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator
    edited July 5, 2011
    I also prefer #2. Nice that the biker happened to come along!
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2011
    thanks for the feedback... :D anything besides the pole? anyone think they are just unworthy ie... so far out of acceptable focus that they just don't work, to much of the kid missing from the frame?... anyone think... just go shoot a decent compelling shot that breaks a photographic rule and stop bothering us with junk you shot by accident? and frankly if I didn't keep everything I shoot these 2 would have been deleted... eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2011
    Here is another possible entry...
    #3 The nudge... I'm thinking... breaking the rule of odds... the blurry ones do this as well... At least I think this one is a keeper, I know absolutely nothing about car racing photography...

Any thoughts?

speedway035-L.jpg
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    I like the boy better and definitely #2. And it's not an accident. It's serendipity! :D
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    I like the boy better and definitely #2. And it's not an accident. It's serendipity! :D
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »

+1clap.gif
    Keep the pole too, I agree it gives it a finish line feel
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2011
    :D Thanks so much girls! I'm still undecided at this point... I have decided that the 2 car shot looks like they are parked and probably won't use it... this challenge sparked my interest because I always break the rules of photographic composition anyway, I have forgotten most, and I hardly think about a shot before I shoot it... just try to achieve acceptable exposure and focus, I figure I can fix most semi decent shots in post processing... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    #2 is still my fave
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2011
    I like #2 also - nice title, & the pole does mimic a finish line.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/