Snapshot of my scout

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited October 10, 2005 in People
Bonfire at the beach last night with a flag retirement ceremony.

Any suggestions on how to take this from a "snapshot" to a portrait in the future?

39371283-L.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Bonfire at the beach last night with a flag retirement ceremony.

Any suggestions on how to take this from a "snapshot" to a portrait in the future?

what a great "keeper" he looks so proud. I don't know about making it into a "portrait" looks pretty good as it is. I spose you could crop it so that just his tie and name were in there.. I don't see the ocean as much of an enhancement of the shot really.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    what a great "keeper" he looks so proud. I don't know about making it into a "portrait" looks pretty good as it is. I spose you could crop it so that just his tie and name were in there.. I don't see the ocean as much of an enhancement of the shot really.
    Thanks, for your input, Lynn.

I'm just at a loss in these situations. Posing and composition are just tough with my kids. I have a lot of candid shots, but I wanted a posed shot to remember our ceremony at the beach. I think I just have to appreciate this for what it is, a nice snapshot of my proud scout at the beach.
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2005
    First, get his Bobcat badge on; second, send me a Countil Strip patch for my collection... xzicon_smile_cool.gif

Actually I don't think it's really missing much, but then again I go for less formal "portraits" than some (see this, for example). I wouldn't have put him quite so far to the edge, about a third of the way across is "the rule." It's also a little 'flat' - did you use an on-camera flash and/or was the sun completely gone?