Beaded Camera Strap

AaronPierreAaronPierre Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited July 6, 2011 in Cameras
Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this so please bear with me.

A long time ago my great grand parents used to bead and customize everything imparting a personal style onto their gear that they used everyday. After seeing a few other photographers (a very few) do this I decided to try make my own. Having beaded in the past I dusted off a beading loom obtained some seed beads and then practised a bit before attempting this. The plan is to find a decent airbrush artist to paint the lens hood so I have a very unique Nikon

267983_10150307460911335_684161334_9635463_1973400_n.jpg

Comments

• DirquistDirquist Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2011
    Love it, great job!!
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2011
    Welcome to DGrin Aaron! Very cool idea! The strap looks excellent and I think the painted hood will really add to it. I remember a guy who had a custom strap with his kid's name on it... perhaps done the same way.
  • Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2011
    I like it, looks very stylish.
    Two questions: how long did it take, and does it affect the feel of the strap at all? Like how comfortable or flexible it is?
  • AaronPierreAaronPierre Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 6, 2011
    Thanks everyone.

More like welcome back to Dgrin
    I'm not actually new. I used to be a on here a while back but ether lost my password or the posts disappeared. I used to shoot Canon but defected to Nikon in 2008 (I'll make post on that sometime in the future)

The Strap took about 6 days to make, I am sure it can be done in 2 to 3 days but I had other things to attend to. Its a loom beaded piece with Czech plastic number 10 seed beads (most common size) using nylon thread for strength and a bit of stretch sewn onto my old Nikon strap.

The strap on the underside still feels the same as the old Nikon d300 strap as its sewn on the outside edges, its about as flexible as belt leather. If it does get uncomfortable in the future I am sure I can add a soft hide underside (buckskin leather) or a rubber backing that is normally used on moccasins (for city use)