AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited July 18, 2004 in People
my son trevor is really getting into photography. i took him down
to the river today, and he had a go with my sony 828. first
three shots with my canon 10d, the fourth and fifth by my son with my

6237534-M.jpg

he's chimping already at age 5! ;-)
6237533-M.jpg

he's got the funny photographer stance, down pat!
6237535-M.jpg

he likes the infrared effect, too....
6237744-M.jpg

hi, there!
6237536-L.jpg

and i was testing out a new lens on my dslr - this was with a canon
70-300 d.o. i.s., @ 300mm and 1/200th sec.
6237524-M.jpg

enjoy (shooting with your kid) photography,

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2004
    So, you took your son out and shot him!
    rolleyes1.gif
    Good for you! I'll bet it was a fun day. Great together time and the kid is really learning something. It's amazing what a five year old can learn. My grandsons are seven and they can already beat their dad in chess. mwink.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2004
    I have a shooting family, but they are in DC, VA.
    Great photos with your son, Andy, he is a cute one. He also took a very good photo of you.

This is my DC family, my daughter, her husband and those grandchildren. This was the last time I saw them in Oct of last year. They were taking their Christmas photo. I still had my Canon Elph, Sara still had her film Olympus. These are as they were straight out of the camera. Nothing whatsoever has been done to these photos, I fear they suffer for that, but you all don't care, I am sure.

This is Sara checking on the Christmas photo, Mt Vernon in the background.

6238723-M.jpg

My son in law, I call him Mac, he thinks his name is Howard.

6238721-M.jpg

Below is my grandson, Jackson elsewhere on the grounds of Mt Vernon, he is helping his father check out another possible Christmas photo.

6238719-M-1.jpg

granddaughter, Mary Catherine

6238715-S.jpg

Jackson, at the first shoot

6238716-S.jpg

Their camera was at a different angle, and they got a good picture. He is in the navy, they do not expect to be there for that long, so they are sending themselves at different famous places each Christmas. He is a recruiter, a chief, in no danger of overseas.

6238724-S.jpg

This is Sara off by herself in a private moment with autumn trees and her camera. She is the poet, the only one really interested in photography of my four kids, though she is too busy to pursue much of anything.

These are genuine snapshots, no levels, no contrast, no sharpening, no saturation, etc.

6238718-L.jpg

So unusual for Sara to be alone, she is quite caught up in the social scene, especially as it concerns her children. This is a whole side of Sara I did not know existed.

(They did not take one single picture of me that day, they totally forgot with their concern over the holiday picture. Sara apologized profusely the next day. Families!) I have to love them. Sara is by me, as is this photography.

ginger

didn't make trouble, made a whole generation of photographers.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2004
    Looks like you had a great time with your son. I remember being that age. My father was my hero and I wanted to do what he did. What a great place to be in life.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2004
    Wow, guys, thanks for sharing your family! Andy, your young 'un's getting an early start, just like you. He looks like he's in total control - he got a couple of nice shots, too. That's very impressive. Good looking young man, too. thumb.gif

Ginger, good thing your daughter's married, or I'd be making a visit down to SC. naughty.gif She's a sweetie, and so's her family. Well trained, too, I see, with a tripod and all. :D
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Wow, guys, thanks for sharing your family! Andy, your young 'un's getting an early start, just like you. He looks like he's in total control - he got a couple of nice shots, too. That's very impressive. Good looking young man, too. thumb.gif

Ginger, good thing your daughter's married, or I'd be making a visit down to SC. naughty.gif She's a sweetie, and so's her family. Well trained, too, I see, with a tripod and all. :D

Laughing.gif, Sid, I think the tripod is from her husband's side of the family. I just grab my bag and move, they PLAN, and get good family pictures, too.

g

Andy, your son sure does look like you!
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.