Options

#80 Trying some more ideas

dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
edited July 10, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok, here are all my crazy ideas so far. Any of these look promising to anyone? The first shot is just an unusual crop, the balance try to use unusual composition, angles, or focus. Not sure how successful I was. C&C appreciated.

#1 Corn Crop
DSC1148-L.jpg

#2 An Unfocused Life
DSC1403-L.jpg

#3 Dinnerware
DSC1325-L.jpg

#4 Perspective for Life
DSC1222-L.jpg

#5 Vino!!!
DSC1378-L.jpg

#6 Ok, It's Just The Lamp
DSC1267-L.jpg

Thanks again for any of your thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    This last set is terrific! #2 and #4 are my faves. Love the colors in #4. Love the concept behind #2. I think it would be even more effective if we could see more of the bottle in the hand. It doesn't need to be in focus, just visible and identifiable. I also like the dinnerware shot but am unsure as to what rule is being broken in that one. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    I like the corn, but I also really like #2 a lot. The others don't do much for me.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,944 moderator
    edited July 6, 2011
    I think #2 is great!
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    I love the Jose cuervo!
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2011
    I like the dinnerware, but also am not sure of the broken rule. Also like the way the title on #2 ties with the shot - great story!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    They are all nice and creative.

I think I like more #2, but maybe my eyes are getting too week from looking to much in on the computer (let's say)
    and I'm having a hard time figuring out what is in the foreground... I think a little more clarity would be beneficial...headscratch.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2011
    Add me to the group - #2!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2011
    These are all nice - geat light and color. I like Corn Crop and Dinnerware best. One suggestion for Dinnerware would be to have the silver fan out from a central point at the center of the dish.