CROPPED-DSC0078-L.jpg

CROPPED-DSC0076-L.jpg

CROPPED-DSC0087-L.jpg

CROPPED-DSC0049-50-51-L.jpg

CROPPED-DSC0074-L.jpg

CROPPED-DSC0136-L.jpg

CROPPED-DSC0095-L.jpg
Garnered Images Photography

"Where beauty moves and wit delights and signs of kindness bind me; there, oh there, whe'er I go I leave my heart behind me." (Thomas Ford, 1607)

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2011
    Looks like you came away with some neat ones :D Looks like you got to be pretty close to the action.
    Michael
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2011
    Different... I like it! I think these capture the "feel" of being at the fireworks, better than the traditional long exposures.
  • SciurusNigerSciurusNiger Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2011
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Looks like you came away with some neat ones :D Looks like you got to be pretty close to the action.

The house where I grew up is about a football field-length away from where they set these off at the local golf course each year so, yes, we've been fortunate to be pretty close to the action for a very long time. I also decided to use a bigger lens to get right on top of them since there are very big 50-year old trees that don't allow for any kind of "long" shot from the driveway any more.

I have a lot more in my "daily alternates" gallery.

"Where beauty moves and wit delights and signs of kindness bind me; there, oh there, whe'er I go I leave my heart behind me." (Thomas Ford, 1607)
  • SciurusNigerSciurusNiger Registered Users Posts: 256 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2011
    Different... I like it! I think these capture the "feel" of being at the fireworks, better than the traditional long exposures.

Thanks! Because we are lucky to be so close, the firelit smoke and sparks (and noise!) are just tremendous and to try to catpure the sheer, momentary thrills of it has been my goal the last few years.