A Fourth in DC

ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
edited July 7, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
OK, so this 4th of July we went downtown to see Team America play.

i-9PghVzh-M.jpg

i-2RSwTWg-M.jpg

3. Just above the center of the frame are the Nats TV announcers. Not bad, considering I was in the upper deck on almost the opposite side of the stadium.
i-SDsXjxC-M.jpg

4. Danny Espinosa fouling one off. He was hit later in the at-bat.
i-cLbs8mP-M.jpg

Now for some fireworks. Here's a test HDR shot from around... 8:30? I PS'd out two of the watermarks, but I didn't even try the third :). I think I may buy Photomatix Light. In our town (a DC suburb) we have our Fw's at the Little League park. It's a great place to be and raises money for the league. I used to play on that field... seems like yesterday :D

i-D9V8PHZ-M.jpg

Here's a shot from before the Fw's started... my EXIF says this is around 9:45. 30 sec., f/11, ISO 400. You should have seen how many hot pixels were originally in this shot... thankfully, ACR automatically takes them out.
NV9B9141-M.jpg

I was getting tired of going every year and getting the same shots every time. Expose for a few seconds, get some nice shots... if I want those shots, I already have them! I did get some of those, but I also decided to try something different. When you go to a fireworks show, what is it like? The booming fireworks, light, and smoke combine to make a crisp, almost transparent feeling. Here, I'm trying to capture what it's like to be there. Do any of the following three do that? Each are 1/20th sec.

NV9B9274-M.jpg

NV9B9279-M.jpg

NV9B9280-M.jpg

And finally, some of your long-exposure Fw shots. Yeah, I know, the trees were in my way in some of them.

NV9B9161-M.jpg

NV9B9162-M.jpg

NV9B9179-M.jpg

NV9B9196-M.jpg

NV9B9243-M.jpg

NV9B9256-M.jpg

NV9B9493-M.jpg