Options

Help with order

MarleneMarlene Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited July 8, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Got an order today, and I asked for print delay. Made a few tweeks and asked to replace photo. Didn't replace in order, but in my gallery now without a watermark. Thought that changing file name may have messed things up so I deleted the unmarked photo from the gallery and tried to upload an unmarked photo to order. Now order says file is deleted, and it still only uploads to gallery w/o watermark. What am I missing here?
:D marlene frankel

A Slice of Life

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    Marlene, we can help, please write our Support Heroes with order# and we'll help from the help desk.
  • Options
    MarleneMarlene Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2011
    2321229 order number. Also tell me what I did wrong so that I won't repeat this. Do I submit full size image and crop on order. I watermark in lightroom before uploading toy gallery
    :D marlene frankel

A Slice of Life
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 8, 2011
    Marlene,

We recommend uploading the original when possible. But, you can upload a compressed version if you need to speed up the upload process. The key is to replace using the same size image. If you upload a different size it can cause problems. Our cropper allows customer to order multiple sizes of the same image. If you upload an image cropped to just one size, others may not fit. There is also a bug/limitation where if you replace with a cropped image it causes the crop area to be retained from the original image selected. I have fixed that for you. Can you take a look at the order and see if it looks ok now? If so, you can release it from proof delay. If not, email us at the help desk and refer to this thread and order number. Our heroes will be happy to help get things working correctly.

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,275 moderator
    edited July 8, 2011
    Marlene wrote: »
    ...I watermark in lightroom before uploading to my gallery
    Do you intend the purchased photo to still be watermarked? If your intent is to show the watermarks in your gallery but have the purchased photos clean (no watermark), I'd suggest using smug's watermark feature (instead of requiring the step of uploading a clean image when you sell a photo).

http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-watermark-protection

--- Denise